The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

How to edit themes in WPMU? (8 posts)

1. tachra
    Posted 15 years ago #

hi every body,
    i have run a site by WPMU (version 1.5.1) and i wanna give an ability to my users to edit themes by them selves but the main theme does not change
    i downloaded a plugin named (USER THEMES) but it wants theme-editor.php
    how can i do that?
    i mean where is this file in WPMU?
    please help me

2. Ovidiu
    Posted 15 years ago #

the theme editor has been taken out of wpmu a couple of version ago...

3. lunabyte
    Posted 15 years ago #

Users + Editing theme files = Wide open security problem.

4. davidprentice
    Posted 15 years ago #

Use the usertheme.php plugin files and edit theme-editor.php to close one of the holes. The main theme file is sent to the individual blog home for editing, leaving the admin file untouched. Make sure to provide valid html and css in the admin theme.

Just take care in granting access to the theme editor.

http://wpmudevorg.wordpress.com/project/Userthemes-1.1

5. tachra
    Posted 15 years ago #

it didn't work my friend i have this plugin
    and it copies themes to the users blog but when i wanna edit themes using themeeditor from MU 1.2.1 it says that not them was selected
    and another point is that when userthem copies thems to them user folder no themes shown at themes page
    please help me i need this ability

6. t3ch33
    Posted 15 years ago #

lunabyte, that's a good point. But, is there a way that just the admin/main site's blog owner can edit the theme in the dashboard? Have the developers considered that, or is that also a security risk?

7. lunabyte
    Posted 15 years ago #

As the site admin, use FTP.

That way, there is no chance of having some type of web based editing hacked.

8. nonegiven
    Posted 15 years ago #

Its a valid question. Not so much the developer but for when you hand the site over to the client and want to allow them to be able to do some basic updating/customising of their own.

It does not need to be applicable down to user level but FTP/SSH online editor is too much to ask.

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by tachra
  • Latest reply from nonegiven