The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

registration notification - repeatable bug (12 posts)

1. bschwarting
    Posted 15 years ago #

i have never gotten an email from my wordpress installs in regards to registration notification. i finally have found something consistant though.

if the user clicks on the activation link in the email, they get activated fine, but no email sent to admin.

if the users goes to wp-activate.php and copy/paste the activation key and click "activate", admin gets an email every time.

i've never found it to be consistent until recently when i noticed this. never had a repetable bug so i never mentioned it.

ideas why this is happening?

2. Jantima
    Posted 15 years ago #

This is interesting related to my problem of users being able to register even with registration closed. I did get the email of users registering, and it seems that they are able to fake the activation key, or something.

3. MrBrian
    Posted 15 years ago #

I've noticed that too, but never been a big deal to me enough to take a look.

Jantima: I think that's an old bug. What version of WPMU you using?

4. bschwarting
    Posted 15 years ago #

How do we open an official bug report? Anyone else seen this?

5. andrewbillits
    Posted 15 years ago #

Here: http://trac.mu.wordpress.org

Use you forums user/pass and then create a new ticket.

Thanks,
    Andrew

6. bschwarting
    Posted 15 years ago #

7. donncha
    Key Master
    Posted 15 years ago #

Jantima - upgrade, that was fixed months ago.

bschwarting - works for me. Are you using the latest version of WPMU?

8. margjedonder
    Posted 15 years ago #

Ticket is closed, the same problem is still here: The admin doesn't receive registration notification by new wpmu registrations. I'm using the latest WPMU (1.5.1)

9. bschwarting
    Posted 15 years ago #

yes donncha, i am using WPMU 1.5.1, upgraded from 1.3

10. bschwarting
    Posted 15 years ago #

another interesting piece to the puzzle. maybe this is ordinary behavior, I'm not sure. i monitor my signup log to see if someone has started the registration process and not finished, or activated. when i send an email to a user that hasn't activated, the user will copy/paste the activation key manually, hit submit, and it does send the email, but it removes ALL the signup data in wp_signups log. is this normal?

if a user signs up from the link in the initial email, it changes the active from 0 to 1 and leaves the data in wp_signups.

11. DailyTestimony
    Posted 15 years ago #

hmm come to think of it i've had users register butnot get an email about it. I also upgraded to 1.5.1, not a big deal to me because I plan on writing a script to run every 24 hours via cron jobs that will email me the signup log and then clear it. So instead of getting an email for each sucessful signup I get one email a day about all signups.

12. bschwarting
    Posted 15 years ago #

yeah, i just wrote a plugin to pull that info in the dashboard, and check it. just wish i could get the email part working as well. seems to be a problem with several folks

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by bschwarting
  • Latest reply from bschwarting