The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Deleting Issues (3 posts)

1. samchng
    Posted 17 years ago #

Dear all,

I am having some issues with deleting users and blogs. I am aware that deletng a blog doesn't mean the user that is linked to it would be be deleted, as there could be users that input multiple blogs.

1. But upon deletion of blog associated with a user "test", I can't log with "test". I would get this error. I got a feeling WP is lloking for a blog that doesn't exist. Thus, the error. Any comments?

WordPress database error: [Table 'user_wpmu.wp_4_options' doesn't exist]
    SELECT option_value FROM wp_4_options WHERE option_name = 'blogname'

WordPress database error: [Table 'user_wpmu.wp_4_options' doesn't exist]
    SELECT option_value FROM wp_4_options WHERE option_name = 'siteurl'

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/user/public_html/wpmu/wp-inst/wp-includes/wp-db.php:108) in /home/user/public_html/wpmu/wp-inst/wp-includes/pluggable-functions.php on line 290

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/user/public_html/wpmu/wp-inst/wp-includes/wp-db.php:108) in /home/user/public_html/wpmu/wp-inst/wp-includes/pluggable-functions.php on line 291

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/user/public_html/wpmu/wp-inst/wp-includes/wp-db.php:108) in /home/user/public_html/wpmu/wp-inst/wp-includes/pluggable-functions.php on line 253

2. Second problem I encountered, when I delete a blog, the page refreshes to a blank page. Upon reentering,
    http://domain.com/wpmu/wp-admin/wpmu-edit.php

The page refreshes back to the admin panel and the blog is
    indeed shown deleted. But a check on the FTP server shows that the directory and files previously uploaded is still there! :(

Here's the link that the delete option leads to.
    http://bizblogosphere.com/wpmu/wp-admin/wpmu-edit.php?action=deleteblog&id=2&redirect=

Thanks for your time! :)

2. mrball
    Posted 17 years ago #

1/ dont think there is support for blogless users at the moment. wp.com has support for users with multiple blogs though

2/ yep, deleting a blog leaves the blog files behind. not critical though, just takes up a bit of space, thus not in a hurry to be fixed I guess

3. samchng
    Posted 17 years ago #

Anyway for 2) I experienced a blank page. Is it suppose to be that way? I think the redirection has some problems.

So these two are issues that has to be solved. Hope the Doug or one of the developers can fix this.
    Will work at it myself with my limited skills. :))

About this Topic