The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Change Defualt Dashboard Settings (9 posts)

1. DailyTestimony
    Posted 15 years ago #

With the new WPMU, how do I customize the default settings for the dashboard so by default it gets my blog sites news, not WordPress news. I know I can change the feed options as the user, but I want to change the default feed options.

2. tdjcbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

Again this is off thet top of my head but the urls I believe are found in wp-admin/includes/dashboard.php. Do note that for each blog, they are saved now as a option within the blog's option table so if you change the file, those blogs that have already been created will show what was previous there.

3. ghowner
    Posted 15 years ago #

I can vouch that this is correct. You'll find the first feed beginning on line 65 and the second beginning on line 87 of wp-admin/includes/dashboard.php

4. MrBrian
    Posted 15 years ago #

There's a good plugin for WP that works well with WPMU, google "wordpress dashboard editor".

5. bschwarting
    Posted 15 years ago #

looks like this isn't supported in version 2.7

what are you all using?

i can't believe this isn't an option yet to customize the dashboard for new users. seems to be a very common question and some what of a pain to edit and test with each new release.

6. tanvir
    Posted 15 years ago #

no it does not support 2.7. There was another one named Dashboard manager. It's also not working. I just Edit the dash board in a dirty way :D

7. bschwarting
    Posted 15 years ago #

that's fun the 1st time you install MU, the 20th time, not so fun :)

8. tanvir
    Posted 15 years ago #

i changed it only once & i use that custom with some others changes in all my installation.

##Edit##
    I know it's not the best option. But if you can u then why not make it according to your need?

9. DeannaS
    Posted 15 years ago #

I've got a plugin almost ready for prime time. The one thing I'm not able to do at this point is restrict the user from changing the feed. So, the site admin can set up what feed they want, but then the user can still configure it. I had it figured out in 2.6.5, but so far, no go in 2.7.

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by DailyTestimony
  • Latest reply from DeannaS