The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Enable specific themes for specific blogs (7 posts)

1. dijol
    Posted 15 years ago #

Is it me, or have you removed this function? :S

I cant seem to find it anywhere?

I can enable and disable themes in the main admin dashboard.. but before im sure i went in the specific blogs dashboard logged in as admin, and i could enable or disable the themes that that particular blog could use?

This seems to not be the case, as i go into the theme admin part of any of the dashbaord of any of the blogs on my site, and the same two themes are activated.

Yet i have 3 or 4 of the sites running custom themes, that DO show up in the theme manager.. but then if i go into the themes ADMIN but still on that blog not the main one (all the time im logged in as admin) it still shows the same two activated themes?

Even though the site DOES have a theme different from the tow that are apparently activated?!

Also, how do i set the default theme used for new blogs created?

Thanks guys, great product :)

2. Trent
    Posted 15 years ago #

If you go into your Site Admin and to the "blogs" tab you will see a list of all your blogs on your system. "Edit" the one you want and on the right hand side you will see all the enabled themes (global) as well as the ones that are not enabled globally. Just click a check mark by the one you want enabled just for that blog and save it. It is then enabled just for that blog.

Trent

3. dijol
    Posted 15 years ago #

your a gent!

thanks! :)

im so blind at time :D

any idea how to set the default theme for new blogs that are created?

4. Trent
    Posted 15 years ago #

Rename the folder of the the theme you want to be the default to "default". Say you want "connections" as the default, just rename it and rename "default" back to say "kubrick".

Trent

5. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

And whenever you upgrade, make sure you remember you did this, or your theme will get overwritten. :)

6. Anonymous
    Unregistered
    Posted 15 years ago #

I want to run multiple blogs/online magazines with different content, using different themes. Is this what wpmu is all about?

Can this be done?

For example, I use a default WP theme for my guitar lesson blog here: http://www.LogicalLeadGuitar.com/wordpress

But I also want to run an online guitar magazine using the Branford magazine theme, which I want to place here: http://www.LogicalLeadGuitar.com/magazine (obviously, this isn't an active link yet).

Can this be done?

Certainly someone out there is running multiple blogs, each with different themes and different content?

Adam

7. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

um yeah. This is exactly what WPMU does.

About this Topic