The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

wordpress.com like wpmu interface (14 posts)

1. luckylinux09
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hi
    I just want to know if there already is some theme/plugin/hack to make the MASTER (domain.com) website of wpmu to work like wordpress.com does.
    I mean more interactivity, latest network's posts into wpmu's MASTER site, latest registered users, ...

Please let me know
    Sincerily, Luckylinux09.

2. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

Yep.

Not one plugin, but a series of them, all available by searching. And you have to put them together on the main page how you want.

3. luckylinux09
    Posted 15 years ago #

thanks for reply
    do you have any idea of their names or if there's an how-to on the net you can follow to do what I would like to ?
    Thanks
    Luckylinux09

4. tdjcbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

do you have any idea of their names or if there's an how-to on the net you can follow to do what I would like to

Try searching for 'wordpress.com' here in the forums. As well as what specifically you want to do and what features you want to add in.

Chances are you need to sit down and work out the specifics as what features you want. Just saying that you want a site just like another doesn't give you much of a business plan to work on.

You may also want to read that sticky up there about if Mu is for you.

5. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

"I mean more interactivity, latest network's posts into wpmu's MASTER site, latest registered users, ..."

How about "show latest posts" and "show latest users"?

6. luckylinux09
    Posted 15 years ago #

and do you know if the wordpress.com's main theme is made public ?
    I mean the whole package in that dark (?) blue, with the top sidebar (that's a free plugin, right ?).
    Sorry but I made a bit of confusion between free and premium plugins ....
    Thanks again
    Luckylinux09

7. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

No, their theme is not public. Really, why would you want your site to look exactly like theirs? I have a feeling if it looked too similar you'd get a not-nice letter from them,.

And also they do have a similar top login bar *like* the mu-admin-bar plugin that is free, it is not made by Wordpress.

8. lunabyte
    Posted 15 years ago #

// begin sarcasm

I know! I've got a brilliant idea!

Let's build the exact same thing as wordpress.com, using everything for free, and make a fortune!

And get other hardworking people to give us all the code we need for free to!

// end sarcasm

Where do they come from, and why do they come here?

9. MrBrian
    Posted 15 years ago #

No need to bash... The OP is just asking for plugins that add similar features of wordpress.com to WPMU. I'm not sure where you got the idea that they wanted to make a fortune off open source or compete with wordpress.com for free.

10. tdjcbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

All the other threads on the same topic maybe?

11. lunabyte
    Posted 15 years ago #

Well Brian, it was more generalized than directed at the OP.

Then again, how many times does this same topic come up? Been covered how many times?

12. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

"I'm not sure where you got the idea that they wanted to make a fortune off open source or compete with wordpress.com for free. "

I got it from this part:

"and do you know if the wordpress.com's main theme is made public ?
    I mean the whole package in that dark (?) blue, with the top sidebar (that's a free plugin, right ?)."

13. homepage-webdesign
    Posted 15 years ago #

Maybe someone can connect this wordpress design topic. Always the same:

"I just want to get ... design of wordpress" but without doing anything.

14. tdjcbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

That's the way many of us look at it as well.

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by luckylinux09
  • Latest reply from tdjcbe