The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

multiple blogs with the same email address (9 posts)

1. ergate
    Posted 18 years ago #

resurecting lost thread,

Is this still correct to have multiple blogs with one email address?

Comment out lines 100 and 101 from wpmu-functions.php

2. samchng
    Posted 18 years ago #

Isn't it in line 99 and 100 to comment out that if statement?

99- if( $wpdb->get_var( "SELECT ID FROM ".$wpdb->users." WHERE user_email = '".$admin_email."'" ) == true )
    100- return "error: email used";
    101- if( strpos( " " . $username, "_" ) != false )
    102- return "error: username must not contain _";

3. voodoolove1
    Posted 18 years ago #

I've done that before and it worked. However, the version that I downloaded today doesn't seem to have a wpmu-functions.php file. I've looked through some other files and haven't been able to find a similar way to allow multiple blogs from one address

4. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

I found this thread looking for something else.

Not sure if you ever found it but wpmu-functions.php is in your root/wp-inst/wp-includes/ subdirectory.

5. samchng
    Posted 17 years ago #

ergate: What's your understanding on this issue currently?

6. mifouane
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hi,

I also need to create multiple blogs with a single email. I commented out the lines 857-859 and lines 1114-1117 in /wp-includes/wpmu-functions.php.

lines 857-859:

// Check if the email address has been used already.
    	//if ( email_exists($user_email) )
    	//	$errors->add('user_email', __("Sorry, that email address is already used!"));

and lines 1114-1117:

// Check if the email address has been used already.
    		//if ( email_exists($email) )
    		//	return false;

This appears to be working well so far but I do need to do some more testing before I can say it's not causing problems elsewhere. I haven't seen anybody else do this. Has anyone tried this before and if so, do you know if this could cause any problems elsewhere?

Thanks!

7. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

You don't have to hack anything.

Just visit the signup page when you're logged in, and that's it.

8. anjovis
    Posted 16 years ago #

I'm wanting multiple blogs for a single username/email combination as well. I hacked the email bit, but not yet the username bit (we're a university, and I am implementing CAS single sign-on as well, everybody needs to be logged in to sign up, and their real userid's are to be used for blog usernames)

There's not a whole lot of settings for admins to configure such things. I think we need more configurable settings.

9. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

It's in the core files, you don't have to hack anything. if a user is already on the system and logged in, they go back to the signup page and create another blog.

About this Topic