The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

When adding Category in the Admin Area I get 404 page (4 posts)

1. Bill008
    Posted 15 years ago #

Good Evening All that can be Bothered!

When adding Category in the Admin Area I get 404 page

Yeah I know check to see all your files there and They Are

My Logs or the ones that count

------------------------------------------------

Jun-2008 09:33:35] PHP Warning: require(/home/freeblog/public_html/wp-includes/category.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/freeblog/public_html/wp-settings.php on line 222

[24-Jun-2008 09:33:35] PHP Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/freeblog/public_html/wp-includes/category.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/freeblog/public_html/wp-settings.php on line 222

[24-Jun-2008 09:33:36] PHP Warning: require(/home/freeblog/public_html/wp-includes/category.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/freeblog/public_html/wp-settings.php on line 222

[24-Jun-2008 09:33:36] PHP Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/freeblog/public_html/wp-includes/category.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/freeblog/public_html/wp-settings.php on line 222

--------------------------------------------------------------

Deleted all the plug-ins

Loged out of admin and logged back in thru another account

still the same

Its Strange if I try to add a new category whilst writing a post it throws a complete 404 page of the theme thats currently activated in place of the category list option on the left hand side of the Post form

the same goes if i try to add thru the manage category option it just throws up a 404 page underneath

I all so noticed I cant add to my blog roll the links just don't add after filling out the form whether thats another separate issue I don't Know

http://freeblog.co.nz

2. cafespain
    Posted 15 years ago #

Silly question an all, but does your wp-includes and category.php file actually exist?
    If it does, is the directory and the file readable by the web-server user?

3. Bill008
    Posted 15 years ago #

I love silly questions I will Go find out

4. Bill008
    Posted 15 years ago #

Yes everything as it should be

file permission to 644

re put the file via FTP

Everything has been working fine up to date

I have only really added themes and some Plugins and everything held i fine until now

About this Topic