The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

How to Upgrade 1.2.4 database to 1.5.1 ? (7 posts)

1. LaSet
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hi

I need to upgrade my old 1.2.4 database (~25000 tables) to the newest 1.5.1 version

I would appreciate for simple step-by-step instruction

Thanks!

2. demonicume
    Posted 15 years ago #

once you upgrade mu, it'll take of the DB. or rather force you to click upgrade.

3. SteveAtty
    Posted 15 years ago #

Install the new WPMU code and then go in and click on the upgrade option on the Site Admin menu. It makes all the changes you need.

4. tdjcbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

I'd actually take it a version at a time to be honest. Wasn't it 1.3 where they made all those category changes over to tax-whatever it was?

http://trac.mu.wordpress.org/browser/tags

Also follow the Key Master link under Donncha's name in the search sticky. He always starts a thread with each new release that discusses what needs to be done special for each new version. (ie the category upgrading) Make sure you run the Dashboard -> Site Admin -> Upgrade before going to the next version.

- Make sure you backup your databases before starting anything.

- Also make sure that your database tables are set to UTF8 before doing anything. If not, you'll need to convert them before starting anything.

5. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

Yep. And you'll need to take out the default files that were in mu-plugins as they've been moved. If you don't you'll get the WSOD.

6. deltakid
    Posted 15 years ago #

I recently upgraded from a 0.9whatever release (a month or so before 1.0) to 1.5 and it just changed the wp_1_ tables. That was fine for me though and I just importet the other posts directly (then they don't have any category association).

I would also recommend a step by step upgrade but what I posted worked for me.

7. lunabyte
    Posted 15 years ago #

Version by version, although a pain, is the safest way to roll.

About this Topic