The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Categorize Backend Pages? Help Please (6 posts)

1. selfmade64856
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hello,
    I am running WPMU 1.33. On one of my sites I have an ecommerce store with quite a few products, a little over 600 products. I've yet to create all the pages necessary to display my products as each product requires 1 page if using "e-shop". Is there any way to categorize the pages into some kind of "drop down/slider" hierarchy in the backend so that I do not have to scroll through 600 pages to find the one I need to edit? I know that I can create subpages which will categorize them under the parent page, however that does nothing to help with the fact that I still will have to scroll through all the pages to find what I am looking for. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

2. tdjcbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

Upgrade. Manage -> Pages is now broken down into lists of I believe 20 like the Posts.

At least I remember the developers talking about doing that. I think it's in there.

3. selfmade64856
    Posted 15 years ago #

Thanks for the quick response! I upgraded, went back to Manage/Pages, but no luck, still a list to be proud of ;) I'll continue my search for the almighty "Page Categorizer.......Thingy". Again thank you for your suggestion!

4. selfmade64856
    Posted 15 years ago #

Just to clarify exactly what it is that I am talking about, I confuse myself at times ;). Under "Manage/Pages" I have a page called "Clothing (Main Page - No Parent)", under Clothing I have "Product 1 (Page Parent - Clothing)", and then I have another 20 items sublisted under Clothing. What I am hoping to find is a plugin or something that will create a drop down for say "Clothing", I click on Clothing and then the drop down shows all the pages under it. This way I can have Main Categories which would clean up the "Manage/Pages" list. I hope that this was a little more understandable then the latter. Thanks again!

5. dsader
    Posted 15 years ago #

6. selfmade64856
    Posted 15 years ago #

dsader - Many many many thanks to you! Your are my hero for the day! I have been scouring the net to find exactly this. I thank you so very much!!!! This was exactly what I was looking for. Cheers!

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by selfmade64856
  • Latest reply from selfmade64856