The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Help - WYSIWYG and Feed for Home Blog Pooped out on me :( (5 posts)

1. bwinn
    Posted 15 years ago #

I have no idea what I did. I have managed to build a pretty legit site up until this point with next to no PHP experience. So when something major happens I usually need a bit of help.

I think I may have installed a plugin that broke my site. Well the homepage feed and wysiwyg editor are not working..

When I go to mysite.com/feed/ I get the following error:

XML Parsing Error: XML or text declaration not at start of entity
    Line Number 1, Column 2: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    -^

I did install a couple of plugins the last couple of days... One that changes my query string and one that allows me to set up a customized amount of posts show up per page, per category, etc. I have no idea of these caused anything to happen.

If you can give me any pointers that would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

2. bwinn
    Posted 15 years ago #

Ok I figured out which plugin is causing the problem... My next step is to delete any content the plugin created in the database, anyone know how I would go about doing that?

3. tdjcbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

Might be helpful if we knew what plugin you're using so we can tell you what to look for. Please remember specifics help.

4. bwinn
    Posted 15 years ago #

Here is the plugin... Kinda sketchy I know
    http://www.maxblogpress.com/plugins/dppp/

I still dont know if this is the actual plugin that caused this mess but I activated it on another blog on my site, and the wysiwyg editor dissapeared there as well. Also, I cannot upload any images from the uploader.

5. bwinn
    Posted 15 years ago #

Ok I have an update and please let me know if this sounds like something may be causing the problem...

I had a plugin installed which is not the one above, I have since deleted it from the plugins directory. I think I had a user activate it, and create a table, and then de-activate it. I checked the error logs and it shows the following:

[Table 'seshn_wordpress_mu.wp_197_interlinker' doesn't exist]\nSELECT * FROM wp_197_interlinker WHERE id = '';\n

I know that the tinymce is very sensitive to a bunch of redirects ocurring at any given moment so I am thinking this is what would be causing it to not function. Does this seem liable? If so, why would this be causing my home blogs wysiwyg editor to disappear and not allow me to upload any images using the uploader, but other blogs on my install are working just fine?

Now what's next on my part? I am obviously having a ton of re-directs happening every minute from this table that isnt there. How do I get rid of it, if it's not in my sql? Do I need to re-install the plugin and activate on user 197's blog so it creates the table?

Any help is mucho appreciated thanks!

About this Topic