The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Legacy Versions of WPMU (5 posts)

1. eswhite
    Posted 15 years ago #

I'm working on upgrading a WPMU 1.3.3 install to 1.5, but before I take the plunge, I want to setup a testing version. The only problem is, I can't find a download for 1.3.3. I currently have a test install of WPMU 1.3.1, but need to upgrade to 1.3.3 so that my test mirrors the "real" version.

Anyone know where downloads and instructions for legacy versions of WPMU can be found?

Thanks!

2. DragonFlyEye
    Posted 15 years ago #

You probably want to check Trac -> Browse Code -> Tags to get the version you want.

3. lunabyte
    Posted 15 years ago #

Honestly, try going from 1.3.3 right up to the latest from Trac. On a backup copy, of course. I did this the other day with a test site and it went just fine.

Something of note, I intentionally didn't add the new defined constants to wp-config. I logged in and let the admin area tell me what to add. I don't know why, but it seemed to work more smoothly letting MU decide the random stuff for those.

Also, you'll avoid the cookie problems that a few people have had as well. At least it wasn't a problem on that one for me.

4. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

http://trac.mu.wordpress.org

Browse where you want, then scroll down to the bottom and there's a link to download a zip.

I concur with lunabyte - I just upgraded a system from 1.3.something to the latest and it went pretty smooth.

There isn't any rough spots between these version like there were with other ones.

5. DragonFlyEye
    Posted 15 years ago #

Aw, nuts.

I thought maybe following lunabyte's suggestion to let WP pick the salt keys might solve my problem.

Nope.

This is beginning to suck.

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by eswhite
  • Latest reply from DragonFlyEye