The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

WPMU Plugin Competition (9 posts)

1. Farms
    Posted 15 years ago #

Heya Y'All,

Announcing... the first WPMU Plugin Competition!

http://wpmu.org/wordpress-mu-plugin-competition/

Here are the plans...

1. Let’s say the plugin competition is 60 days long and starts… now! Which means that the deadline for plugins to be submitted will be 24th September 2008

2. To submit a plugin, you register here, write up a post (we’ll give it a quick once over before its published) and make the plugin available to download on your own site, WPMU DEV or wherever you fancy putting it.

3. The plugins must be freely available for any sort of use, choose the license that works best for you.

4. Plugins must be either brand new or significant improvements / twists on existing plugins.

5. Once the time is up and all the plugins have been submitted there will be two votes… the first will be open to the public, the second will be up to the judges (the judges being anyone who submits decently to the prize pool and fancies it :)

6. Depending on number of entries there may be categories involved

7. At the end there will be ‘peoples choice’ winners and ‘judges’ winners

How does that sound?

To start with Incsub is putting up $250 of prize money and 2 x WPMU DEV Premium yearly accounts (worth $250 each)... so feel free to contribute too.

Here's hoping this inspires some really great plugins!

Cheers, James

2. Anonymous
    Unregistered
    Posted 15 years ago #

Excellent ! Impatiently waiting to see the "Mutant" inspiration !
    Thank you !

3. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

Sounds awesome! Get coding, everyone. :)

4. cafespain
    Posted 15 years ago #

sob sob sob, not more things to do, sob sob sob :)

Though as I'm currently incapable of walking I suppose it gives me an incentive to do get some work done whilst I'm lounging around.

If I can't think of a plugin idea, then I'll happily put up a prize.

5. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

Can't walk? Why not? :D

Oh, you did a marathon or something, yes?

6. cafespain
    Posted 15 years ago #

@andrea_r: I did the Oxfam 100km trailwalker at the weekend. I won't regale you with the details, but I'm severely lacking in the toe-nail department at the moment :) and my knees no longer function correctly.

Seriously though, if any one has any ideas for MU plugins, then let me know. Maybe we should start a list along the lines of the ideas list on WordPress extend.

7. Farms
    Posted 15 years ago #

Oucha, 100K is a long way!

Anyways... if people want to add ideas or requests for plugins here (or just generally, I guess we technically get them in these forums every day!) I reckon that would be great.

8. Farms
    Posted 15 years ago #

Had a brief moment of clarity for the competition... let's make a wishlist of WPMU plugins we'd like to see developed!

Go whack your requests into the comments and lets see if they get made :)

http://wpmu.org/plugin-competition-ideas/

9. Farms
    Posted 15 years ago #

BTW, voting is now open for the 'peoples choice' award (and will remain so until 10th october):

http://wpmu.org/voting-open-plugin-contest/

And check out all the submissions too! 24 fantastic plugins :)

About this Topic