The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

manually activating users and blogs as site admin on WordPressMU (3 posts)

1. Anonymous
    Unregistered
    Posted 15 years ago #

I was just wondering whether there was a way of manually activating users on WPMU as the site admin?
    Like for example if they can't check there email for some reason?
    Or at least have it to where the site admin can activate blogs and user accounts?

2. deanm
    Posted 15 years ago #

Yes, I think there's a few ways of doing this. One way is to go to Site Admin> Users. On the bottom of the page is a place where you can add a new username and email. If they don't have an email, you can put in a fake one.

After you've added them, find their name in the Users list, click on their name and you'll be able to change their password.

On the bottom of the Site Admin>Blogs page, there's a place where you can then add a blog with that user.

3. Anonymous
    Unregistered
    Posted 15 years ago #

Ok. However, if a user already signed up, and they haven't activated there account can the system administrator activate it? Or will the account not show up unless the user first activates it themselves?
    I was told, that if the user fails to activate the account after 2 days, the username won't be reserved for them anymore and will be allowed to be used by other users. Is this true?

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by Firehawk
  • Latest reply from Firehawk