The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

changed wpmu_functions, stuck in DB (7 posts)

1. leecoursey
    Posted 15 years ago #

I made some changes to wpmu_functions, but now it seems like the changes I made are stuck - i keep making new blogs after reverting to the original packaged wpmu_funtions.php in the install pack and yet when I look at the blog info in phpMyAdmin i still see the bad code results in the DB.

What the heck have I done? Why aren't my new changes having an effect?

2. leecoursey
    Posted 15 years ago #

To clarify: I changed the first post content in the wpmu_functions.php file in yourdomain.com/wp-includes/ directory. It didn't jive, and i got the "NOT FOUND. Sorry, but you are looking for something that isn't here." message on the main page of the new blog. When I check the DB, I see that that bad text - whatever it is that is kicking it out - is there - even though I have since replaced wpmu_functions.php with the original version.

When I attempt to edit the post through the admin backend, it shows that I have (1) post publish, but yet says "No Posts To Display" in the list below.

Even though I have changed the file back EVERY NEW BLOG I MAKE HAS THAT BAD FIRST POST.

FREAKY. Any help would be appreciated.

3. leecoursey
    Posted 15 years ago #

UPDATE: now even when I add a new post to the blog it doesn't work. Won't show on front page, won't show on single.php.

This means I have lost the ability to make new blogs as of right now...

4. leecoursey
    Posted 15 years ago #

If anyone can make a recommendation it would be much apprciated. Thanks.

5. musnake
    Posted 15 years ago #

Edit the value of the first post fields in the db via PHPMyAdmin. While you're there, check wp_1_posts.post_type for post types that are not in (attachment,post,page).

I had an issue recently where a plugin set post to pos...

6. leecoursey
    Posted 15 years ago #

was it wp-sticky?

7. musnake
    Posted 15 years ago #

The errant plugin? Nope, it was trim_usernames... forum post

Did you purge/edit the db.table content? How's it going?

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by leecoursey
  • Latest reply from musnake