The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Options Theme and MU (7 posts)

1. kahless
    Posted 15 years ago #

It's been a while since I have been active here (1.5 years maybe?). Anyway, I am in the process of upgrading our server here at the college and want to allow people to use the Options theme. The only problem is that I get

Fatal error: Call to undefined function is_front_page() in /srv/www/htdocs/wp-content/themes/options/app/header.php on line 17

when I try to activate it. So clearly there is a difference between how MU and normal work in regard to this theme. Has anyone gotten this theme to work on MU? If so what will I need to do and will each user be able to use the theme's options to customize their blogs? Thanks.

2. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

So what does it say on line 17 of wp-content/themes/options/app/header.php ?

I'd change that, first off.

3. kahless
    Posted 15 years ago #

andrea,

We have

if(is_front_page()) :
    		echo bloginfo('name'); echo ": "; echo bloginfo('description');
    	elseif(is_404()) :

on lines 17, 18, and 19. In a standard install this function is in wp-includes/query.php since version 2.5. However, the version of MU that my sys admin has installed does not have this function. In fact, query.php looks a lot different. I have added the function in manually and will check if it works. The problem should go away once I have the sys admin upgrade to the 2.6 codebase. I'll report back either way.

4. lunabyte
    Posted 15 years ago #

I'd bet you grabbed the 2.6 version of the theme, but aren't running 2.6.

5. kahless
    Posted 15 years ago #

It also needs the is_page_template function added to post-template.php. Again, I would imagine upgrading to a MU based on something after the 2.5 codebase would allow Options to work without any mucking about in the code. However, making these two changes at least got me a page when visiting the site. I'm not sure things will work exactly as intended though.

6. lunabyte
    Posted 15 years ago #

Yes, it would. Like the 2.6 release from earlier today.

Or, you could download the 2.5 version of the theme.

7. kahless
    Posted 15 years ago #

Thanks lunabyte. I intended to ask the sys admin to refresh the codebase as soon as possible. Of course he is working on upgrading our LMS, which I also administer. I'm sure he gets tired of seeing my name on his caller ID.

About this Topic