The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Do I need WordPress MU or regular WordPress? (4 posts)

1. Zarxrax
    Posted 18 years ago #

I'm a little confused as to whether I need regular wordpress or wordpress mu. I would like to set up blogs for a small number of people... maybe 2 or 3... or maybe 10 at the most. My web host allows a "one-click install" of regular wordpress, so that's quite easy for me to set up as opposed to wordpress mu. What would be the pros/cons of each in my situation?

2. shredder
    Posted 18 years ago #

Caveat: I'm relatively new to WP & WPMU so am not 100% sure I'm right ;)

I think it would depend on whether your group want blogs of their own, in which case use WPMU, or if your group wants to set up a single blog with everyone in the group being able to edit the group posts, in which case use WP.

If you have an option to install WP, and assuming its not going to cost you anything, why not try it out? If its not what you want then delete it all and maybe try MU.

3. andrewbillits
    Posted 18 years ago #

If your host allows for a one click install of WP and you only need >10 blogs then definetly go with WP Single.

4. andrea_r
    Posted 18 years ago #

Ditto what andrew said. You can inmstall the regular WP for each user, they all have their own admin, can do what they like, and you'll have it set up in no time. It's decidedly the easier of the two.

About this Topic

• Started 18 years ago by Zarxrax
  • Latest reply from andrea_r