The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Does not redirect and shows blank page when blog doesn't exist (3 posts)

1. skylive
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hi all,

I just did an upgrade from 1.5 to 2.6... I'm currently having some problems with my redirection.

Let's say I have a site @ myself.com/basketball which loads just fine. Now, someone comes along and accidentally types 'myself.com/basketballss . I would expect the 404.php's contents to show up as that blog does not exist. Yet for some strange reason, WPMU isn't redirecting URLs of blogs that do not exist to the 404.php. Only a blank page is shown when a wrong URL is entered. How do I get redirection working again?

2. Newtidbitz
    Posted 15 years ago #

Are you using a .htaccess file? If so, make a backup and then delete it. If your redirection works, then troubleshoot the .htaccess.

Also, you could try the following: Make up a fake post and set that as the post page. Go to Reading Settings>Front page displays(select static page)>Post page.

3. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

"Yet for some strange reason, WPMU isn't redirecting URLs of blogs that do not exist to the 404.php."

It doesn't. if a blog doesn't exists, it used to go to the signup page and now is supposed to go back to the main page.

might want to upgrade because I think that blank page was a bug that got fixed.

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by skylive
  • Latest reply from andrea_r