The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Issues with "Add users from community" email confirmation (3 posts)

1. dsader
    Posted 15 years ago #

In the "Add users from community" form (users.php) there is a new wrinkle in WPMU2.6 that confused me for a few minutes.

Not realizing an email invite/confirmation had been sent to users I added, I tried again, and again, and again to add users. Now I realize I've sent quite a few spammy invites to several random users.

Anyone have a plugin to turn off the email requirement while still enabling ability to add users as in older versions.

Any other way for a SiteAdmin to add users to a blog?

I used to be able to roll out a classroom install with users such as johnny@mrs.green.net where the email is phoney-baloney but the users are real bloggers.

2. phlux0r
    Posted 15 years ago #

As admin go to Site Admin > Blogs > Edit (a blog) and then you have "Add a new user" there. Type in the username and the user will be added to the blog you are editing without the notification.

3. dsader
    Posted 15 years ago #

Ahaa, phlux0r. That Edit blog page is a gold mine. Never used it for adding users. Good start, more work for me, but good.

Nice if Mrs Green(non SiteAdmin) could add users, too.

Staying with that page, does your "As you type WordPress will offer you a choice of usernames" thingy work?

I couldn't find any livesearch in the code that jumps into action. Is there a javascript that I am missing?

About this Topic