The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

GRE plugin problem (9 posts)

1. VentureMaker
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hi people!

I'm currently trying to make Great Real Estate plugin (http://www.rogertheriault.com/agents/plugins/great-real-estate-plugin/) work on WPMU.

Now, when I try to update GRE options I get wordpress failure notice, like 'Are you sure you want to do this? Please try again.'

The worst thing is that error.log on my server is empty :( No errors recorded...

Can you give me any hints where else to look?

Nazar

2. VentureMaker
    Posted 15 years ago #

Bump!

Anybody? I duplicated the error again and again and nothing is recorded in server logs.

errors.log is just EMPTY. I renamed a table in DB and these errors were recorded, so logs do work. But with GRE I even cannot imagine where to look at.

3. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

Did you put it in the regular plugins folder?

4. VentureMaker
    Posted 15 years ago #

Yes, it's in plugins, not in mu-plugins.

I tried putting it into mu-plugins but it won't ever become active - no menu item is shown.

5. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

Likely it needs to be written for MU. seems like it can't find the right db tables, which are different in MU than they are in WP>

6. cafespain
    Posted 15 years ago #

Not really looked at the plugin BUT...

Have a look in your database, has it created tables? What are they called?

Open the php files (I'll assume there are more than one as it looks like a big plugin) and search for "CREATE TABLE", this will give you the table creation functions.

Search for "SELECT" or "FROM wp_" to see if they have hard coded the table names into the plugin instead of using the $wpdb object and its properties.

That would be a start and might help to narrow down the incompatiblity.

7. VentureMaker
    Posted 15 years ago #

@cafespain: thanks a lot, man!
    Starting to search now.

8. enyetor
    Posted 15 years ago #

did you ever figure this out? I'm having the same problem.

9. tdjcbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

enyetor, did you review the thread that you posted in? Did you try any of the solutions mentioned up above or answer the questions raised?

Please take a second and review the debugging page linked to from the readme file. It's a great resource on what specific information you need to provide when asking for help. Server level software requires a different mindset from the typical "me too" of enduser support forums. You'll get a lot more help when you follow those suggestions.

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by VentureMaker
  • Latest reply from tdjcbe