The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

simple forum and wpmu 2.6 (8 posts)

1. Ovidiu
    Posted 15 years ago #

hi there,

just upgraded to wpmu 2.6 and sf from 3.1.2 to 3.1.3 all went fine, except that on my main blog, its showing me all users that ever registered for the main blog, including all spammers, even though I have long deleted those users, in my forums stats shown below the forum.

you can check it out here: http://zice.ro/forum/

all users below the forum are spammers and no longer exist.

how can I fix this? I mean you could build a check into SF something to check if a user is a spammer but why would these users still appear here even after I deleted them from my wpmu install?

see also my support topic here: http://www.stuff.yellowswordfish.com/support-forum/simple-forum-next-version/sf-wpmu-is-giving-me-ghost-users/page-1/post-13002/#p13002simple

2. Ovidiu
    Posted 15 years ago #

sorry for bumping, but has anyone got any idea about this?

3. boonika
    Posted 15 years ago #

Why don't you ask Yellowswordfish?

4. Ovidiu
    Posted 15 years ago #

5. MrBrian
    Posted 15 years ago #

Whatever query that is displaying the users needs only check the spam colum in the database. Spamming a user keeps them in the database, this is intended function. Deleting a user should really delete them in newest versions of WPMU.

6. Ovidiu
    Posted 15 years ago #

Ok I will relay that info to the plugin developer, just wondering though, how can I get rid of all that spammer information from the past now?
    Do you mean to say, if I go check my DB all users I marked as spam and then deleted are still in there?

7. boonika
    Posted 15 years ago #

Sorry, missed that:)

8. Ovidiu
    Posted 15 years ago #

sorry guys, how would I go about and delete all these users?
    can I just go into phpmyadmin and delete them from the wp_users table?

and what about users which aren't there any longer but still display in the forum? are there any other places where users are stored?

It seems wpmu really deletes users now, but simple forum seems to still keep a record of them :-(

About this Topic