The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

WPMU 2.6 Running Very Slow (2 posts)

1. girlgeekdinners
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hi Everyone,

I'm having some issues with my recently upgraded WPMU internal blog engine. I upgraded from 1.5.1 to 2.6 yesterday and everything seems to have gone fine. No real issues except that it's running dog slow. And I mean really slow.

The server is set up as it was for 1.5.1 and I kept all the files that were required. None of the plugins are currently enabled and I've removed the MU plugins temporarily to try and figure out where the issue lies. Has anyone else had this problem and what areas would you all suggest to look at first.

There are no errors coming up in the php log, the database is being written to, there is virtually 0 load on the CPU and memory usage is well below what the system is capable of. We've also tried changing to a number of different themes in case it was UI related, but even the admin side of things is slow which suggests to me that it's not UI... but back end somewhere...

Any suggestions would be really useful.

2. WilliamTully
    Posted 15 years ago #

We just upgraded from 1.5 to 2.6 also and the back end is hideously slow. Front end is fine and everything is ticking along as it should, however, the back end is bad..

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by girlgeekdinners
  • Latest reply from WilliamTully