The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

FeedWordPress issues with WPMu 2.6 (3 posts)

1. jimgroom
    Posted 15 years ago #

I'm running WPMu 2.6 in a LAMP environment PHP 5.2.5 MySQL 5.0.15a+ .

I've been using FeedWordPress to aggregate course posts from various student blogs into a course blog. With the logic being the individual permalink for the posts would link back to the original blog (with the comments on the course blog turned off). FeedWordPress has all these options built-in, however it doesn't seem to be working with WPMu 2.6.

It works initially when the feeds are first syndicated in FeedWordPress. However, after that the subsequent posts that are pulled in link within the course blog, the permalink no longer sends the reader back to the original post on the student’s blog.

Additionally, this may be related to issue above, for posts for student blogs that I click on that have been aggregated via FeedWordPress I get the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function wp_insert_category() in /home/umwblogs/public_html/wp-content/mu-plugins/sitewide-tags.php on line 120

Making me think there may be a correlation between the FeedWordpress issues and the Sitewide Tags plugin.

Anyone experiencing anything similar to this?

2. Gaboinked
    Posted 15 years ago #

I do not have FeedWordPress installed, and I am getting the same error currently using a Prologue theme.

3. burtadsit
    Posted 15 years ago #

I noticed that all the advanced options for pages cease to function after enabling feedwordpress. Ya just can't use them anymore. I tried to change the page order for some of my pages and it's like those options are just painted on the screen. They aren't active anymore. Something in feedwordpress is trashing javascript. Haven't had time to look yet.

I disable it and things go back to norm.

WPMU 2.6.2 and feedwordpress 0.993

EDIT: should have browsed before posting, this has already been posted.

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by jimgroom
  • Latest reply from burtadsit