The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

can't delete users without a blog (8 posts)

1. Ovidiu
    Posted 15 years ago #

after upgrading from 1.5.1 to 2.6 I can't delete users without blog... meaning if someone signs up, I detect its spam, delete his blog, then try and delete this user without a blog, I can't, it says, ok, but it won't delete the user, if I asign this user as a subscriber to another blog, I can then delete him.

Is that normal behaviour?

2. VentureMaker
    Posted 15 years ago #

Nope, it's not.

Site Admin -> Users. Just deleted a user w/o blog. WPMU showed a button 'Delete user and transfer posts', after I clicked on it - user was deleted.

What's the exact error message you see?

3. Ovidiu
    Posted 15 years ago #

well, the issue is that if the user isn't associated to any blog, there are no posts to transfer so that button is kind of broken, I haven't got any users left to delete, but if I remember right, that button that was supposed to say 'Delete user and transfer posts' is just empty, its just showing, ok, and if I click that nothing happens, i.e. I get back to the users page but the user is still there.

4. VentureMaker
    Posted 15 years ago #

I tried my best to check if those users-without-a-blog have any posts or not. From what I could see, they didn't but still they were deleted properly.

BTW, in what version do you have this problem? I experimented on 2.6

5. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

probably fixed in 2.6.1

6. Ovidiu
    Posted 15 years ago #

I am on 2.6 but I will try and duplicate this behaviour at home, currently at work. Will post back here, or do you recommend I update first to 2.6.1?

7. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

8. Ovidiu
    Posted 15 years ago #

thx andrea.
    my problem got fixed in 2.6.1 indeed, see this trac ticket: http://trac.mu.wordpress.org/ticket/728

gonna update right now :-)

About this Topic