The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

how to change Max upload file size for site_admin only (8 posts)

1. Ovidiu
    Posted 15 years ago #

I was just wondering how to change 'Max upload file size' for the main blog only.

I tried going site admin => blogs, click on edit on the main blog, but I only find the field to change the 'Blog Upload Space Quota' which btw. does not get saved even if I change it and click update settings.

Running wpmu 2.6.1 anyone able to duplicate this or are you all fine?

2. Ovidiu
    Posted 15 years ago #

anyone? I want to give my main blog the option to upload bigger files and have more space :-)

3. VentureMaker
    Posted 15 years ago #

I really doubt you can do that.
    'Max upload file size' is PHP option, not WPMU. You can set custom PHP options for a separate website on the server.
    That's why I think this is impossible.

4. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

Not impossible as long as those limits are within the php.ini values.

At the very least, under 'edit blog' it *should* be saving that value.

If you'll be doing it just the once for Site Admin, I'd be inclined to just do it in the database.

5. Ovidiu
    Posted 15 years ago #

@andrea:

Assuming all sizes are within my specs inside php.ini =>
    I have i.e. 25MB space usage / blog and 2048kb max file size set up as a general rule, but want to upload 6 video files each 5MB for the main blog.

I thought I could just this on a per blog basis going to site-admin => blogs => then edit the main blog, but the values are not getting saved. I tried modifying the 25MB option inside the DB but somehow it gets overwritten as soon as I change it and the 2048kb I can't even find inside the wp_1_options table :-(

6. Ovidiu
    Posted 15 years ago #

ok, found out why I couldn't change my max. upload space:

I was using the premium plugin from premium.wpmudev.org I just had to subscribe myself to a bigger package :-)

7. binh
    Posted 15 years ago #

I'm glad you found the solution :)

8. Ovidiu
    Posted 15 years ago #

well, thats only half a solution, I solved the problem of giving more upload space to the main blog, but I still need to figure out how to allow the main blog (aka me) to upload bigger files than the rest of the crowd :-)

About this Topic