The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

MU Hosting: Synhosting or Hostagator? (4 posts)

1. sgrunt
    Posted 15 years ago #

I've read in this forum some members that suggest to use SynHosting as MU provider. They support MU and their basic hosting it's about 6gb space and 120 gb data transfer (100$ years). And DrMike talks nice about them..and it's a good thing ;-9

I also have heard good comments about Hostgator, that is a big name in the hosting name. It offers the Baby Hosting (600 gb space, 6gb bandwidth) for a cheaper price.

We are not talking about price, because both the providers have nice prices. I'd like to know in your opinion what could be the best choice for a newborn Wordpress Mu blog (cron job, wildcards, htaccess, you know...) in terms of speed of web pages. Diskspace it's not a big issue, i don't think WordpressMu could really fill hundreds of gigabytes of data. But response time is important.

And so, what is the best hosting among these? You have already expecienced them? Assistance with MU troubles was useful?

2. cafespain
    Posted 15 years ago #

Think of a question e.g. "Do you allow and can you setup up wildcard subdomains for my account?" and send it to them (each should have a pre-sales email address or forum) and see what response you get - speed, answer, politeness, etc...

You will probably need to talk to these people a few times over the course of your WPMU sites life (until you move to a VPS or dedicated host) so it is important they are responsive.

Other than that I have no opinion as I have used neither of them.

3. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

And because I say this a lot, ask about memory usage and multiple mysql connections.

4. mbchandar
    Posted 15 years ago #

i am currently using hostgator baby hosting plan for my site. it runs pretty well as of now.

have a look - http://ulagam.net

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by sgrunt
  • Latest reply from mbchandar