The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Replace PHOTO on template (8 posts)

1. javothom
    Posted 15 years ago #

Creating blog and used TerraFirma 3.3.1 template.

Template has pic of little girl -- want to replace it with my pic.

Contacted template designer (Sadish) and he told me that because Wordpress templates don't link back to him, he cannot provide me with instruction.

Please instruct me how to replace photo of little girl with my own photo.

Please use a "step-by-step" instruction for me -- I am a newbie. For example, I know that the template photo is named "profile.jpg" and I assume that I need to replace it by naming my own photo "profile.jpg" and then somehow upload this photo into a master directory.

Thanks in advance for your help.

2. sgrunt
    Posted 15 years ago #

you are in right. find the profile.jpg, edit it in a graphic software (photoshop for example) and save. That's all you should do.
    If you do not have a graphic software, just take your photo, resize it to the same dimension of profile.jpg and overwrite profile.jpg with your new file

3. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

And put that in the theme folder.

4. javothom
    Posted 15 years ago #

Thank you both. I found the directory and the Terrfirma "Themes" folder, but when I drag&drop my "profile.jpg" into that folder, nothing happens.

Am I missing something? How do I upload this picture into the directory? Is there an FTP process? Drag&drop isn't doing it. If I right click on the original photo, it does not offer me the option of "replace".

5. sgrunt
    Posted 15 years ago #

you are testing your site locally on your pc or remotely?
    if the website is on a server and not on your pc you will transfer file using ftp, if the website is on your pc for a local testing you can drag and drop the image

6. javothom
    Posted 15 years ago #

Thanks again. I am accessing the site remotely. So I need to transfer the file FTP -- but I don't know how to do that. So if the folder for the "profile.jpg" image is in

http://classes.tametheweb.com/javothom/wp-content/themes/terrafirma/images/profile.jpg

how do I FTP my new image into that folder? Sorry to be asking what is probably a very elementary question -- I just don't know how to do it.

7. sgrunt
    Posted 15 years ago #

Tom but are you the owner of the domain tametheweb.com?
    In that case you should have ftp username and password, given to you from the provider. Find the mail that the provider has sent you after buying your web hosting, or ask him to send you again your ftp data.

Then download the free software Filezilla and fill some datas: ftp address, ftp username, ftp password. all this data you can find them in the provider's email.

8. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

Then help like that is outside the scope of this forum, sorry. It is pretty basic and we're here for issues just for WordpressMU.

If you need ftp help... well, google is your friend.

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by javothom
  • Latest reply from andrea_r