The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Unable to edit/write posts/pages (1 post)

1. kahless
    Posted 15 years ago #

I have a very odd problem and I couldn't find reference to it anywhere in the forums. My site at blogs.wooster.edu is still running on 1.0 of MU (we are upgrading and have a new server up with the latest release) and had several pages describing terms-of-use, privacy-policy, etc. Within the last couple of months those pages became posts. One day they were listed under pages and the next they were under posts. I did not change anything and the main site is owned by the admin and no one else has access. I looked in the database and as far as I can tell they are still coded as pages (they have the post_status of static which is what was used to mark something as a page). I then tried to edit them or copy and paste them into pages, however it seems that only the admin account is unable to edit/create pages or posts. When you click the Publish or Save button you just get a blank page with page.php as the last thing in the URL. I have logged in on other accounts and successfully created and edited pages and posts so it is something specific to the admin account. I just can't figure out what. Could it have to do with the DB since the pages are now viewed as posts on the admin account? Just looking for any clues as to what could be wrong.

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by kahless