The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Donncha Sitewide Tags..a bug? (4 posts)

1. sgrunt
    Posted 15 years ago #

I'm using the Donncha plugin for SiteWide Feed. As you know, the plugin creates a separate blog that will be filled from other blogs contents.

I've a problem: the Global Tags settings are embedded in the Site Admin Options page, and so every time i modify my Option page and update, the system will create a new Tags blog.

I'm not 100% sure, but when a new tags blog is created, it seems that the "old" tags blog stops to take contents from blogs, and deleting the new one does not resolve the problem.

This could completely harm my blog network, because i use the donncha plugin to create a global feed from my blogs, and then i show it on my external homepage. If i click "update options" i could break all the global feed system, loosing all my contents.

2. tdjcbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

I was wondering when someone else was going to notice that you could use your sitewide tag solution as a sitewide feed.

Hmmm, using r1478 on the testbed here with the plugin. Just updated the Options page (ie I unchecked the plugins checkbox) and it didn't create a new tags blog. (The old one is still there and it still has the original ID number) It does show that it's been updated with the current datetime stamp while the registration datetime remains what it was. I'll go back later on and throw in some test content to see what happens with that.

3. dsader
    Posted 15 years ago #

The problem you describe was a bug in earlier versions, but it has been(was) fixed/addressed in trunk.

The discussion on the plugin page has suggestions as well.

4. tdjcbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

That's for subdirectory installs. I'm using subdomains on mine so that may be why I'm not seeing it.

edit: That comment a few down about manually adding in the posts works for me. Have to remember that. :)

About this Topic