The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Auto Logout After Upgrade 2.6.2 (14 posts)

1. johanhorak
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hi I am not sure if this is related to the upgrade to 2.6.2 but I am locked. For example when I retrieve a draft I am thrown out to the login screen. Or when I update the contact form I am diverted to the login screen.

Your assistance is appreciated.

Johan

2. designsimply
    Posted 15 years ago #

There could be a conflict with your cookies, can you try deleting your cookies to see if that helps?

3. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

And did you update all the secret salt/key/whatever else they tossed in there? :D

4. johanhorak
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hi Thanks for you comments. I went back and followed the procedure I was supposed to follow and it worked.

This sale/key whatever got me thinking that I made a mistake with the upgrade procedure.

By The Way: This secret code: Does only have to be set once or do we need to change it with every upgrade?

Regards

5. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

No, depends on if it flashes the big huge yellow message at you in the admin area.

6. johanhorak
    Posted 15 years ago #

Thanks andrea_r.

I just tried to update an email address in the contact form plugin form http://www.marketingtechblog.com/projects/wp-contactform/

And every time a click save the new settings I get logged out.

I have cleared all the cookies and all seems to be working fine.

7. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

um, are you using the single blog version of Wordpress? If so, wrong forum.

8. johanhorak
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hi I am using mu wordpress. And I have the latest update of mu wordpress ;-)

9. johanhorak
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hi Any ideas on how to resolve this issue? Thanks Johan

10. VentureMaker
    Posted 15 years ago #

Try adding this into wp-config.php:

define('ADMIN_COOKIE_PATH', '/');
    define('COOKIE_DOMAIN', '');
    define('COOKIEPATH', '');
    define('SITECOOKIEPATH', '');

11. johanhorak
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hi VentureMaker. I tried your suggestion. I go to the wp-admin page and login. And then I get a blank page. Only when I remove the code can I login.

This must be some or other timing issue. 12 hours ago (before bed) I worked on the site and it all worked well. I added content mostly. Before the content bit I added a ajax plugin http://sivel.net/wordpress/ that gave me no trouble then. Today when I click on a link created the plugin I get logged out.

I have deactivated the plugin and then tried it again. I have cleared all cookies but it's still a problem.

Please note: All though this points a finger to the plugin this problem was encountered (when initially reported) on another MU blog that's not using this plugin.

Thanks for helping.
    Johan

12. johanhorak
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hi When I de-activated the domain mapping plugin the problem was resolved. This is really unfortunately as I need/want to domain map plugin.

13. VentureMaker
    Posted 15 years ago #

Johan, so is the issue solved on your end or not?
    I can have a look if you want.

14. johanhorak
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hi VentureMaker Thanks. It's not resolved and it will be great if you can have a look. I have moved the topic http://mu.wordpress.org/forums/topic.php?id=10560 hope you don't mind.

Thanks for the offer it's appreciated ;-)

johanhorak [at] gmail dot com

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by johanhorak
  • Latest reply from johanhorak