The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Missing management tabs in new version? (6 posts)

1. dalew
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hi all,

I apologize if someone has already posted with a similar issue but I have had no luck finding any.

My company has a large word press blog which is currently in use, I have been given the task of creating a new one from scratch as it has become a mess.

I have installed the latest version of wordpress on my companies server along side the old version, as I found out that multiple installations were supported in the same database.

As the version I have installed is newer, I can understand that there are differences in the interface, but for some reason I seem to be missing some of the functionality, e.g. I want to create a new blog in wordpress. In the older version I can access this function under the "site admin" tab; this doesn't seem to be available on the new version that I have installed. The only tabs that appear in the new version are "Write" "Manage" "Design" & "Comments".

I am using the admin account and haven't yet set up any more users.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Dale

2. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

Sure you didn't install regualr WP by mistake?

3. nibb
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hi Andrea,
    I've just put a post on with this very same problem, I got the latest.zip from mu.wordpress and have the same issue in that the Site Admin option has disappeared. Any chance that the wrong zipfile has been put up on the download server?

4. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

I just re-downloaded the package and all the files that are there are supposed to be there.

Check your install, look under the wp-admin folder and make sure it has wpmu-something.php files. There's a few of them.

5. Ovidiu
    Posted 15 years ago #

I have installed the latest version of wordpress on my companies server along side the old version, as I found out that multiple installations were supported in the same database.

right, but what are the table prefixes your isntallations are using? they should differ :-)

6. jlarosee
    Posted 14 years ago #

I'm having the same issue at the moment. To answer Ovidu, I have BOTH wp_options and wp_1_options, as I've done both a single install AND a MU install on the same DB. Maybe this is the issue? Remove the single install?? I think I'll try that now...

About this Topic