The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Domain Mapping & the WP uploader (46 posts)

1. Klark0
    Posted 15 years ago #

Anybody noticed that the Flash uploader doesn't work on blogs that have domain mapping enabled via Donncha's plugin.

Only the browser uploader is available. But that doesn't work either. The image uploads fine, but when you click Insert into Post, all you get is a blank page.

Any suggestions for a quick fix until Donncha releases an update ?

2. Trent
    Posted 15 years ago #

It works fine for me on several different domains and different installations, so it won't be related to the plugin. Did you clear your cache and try reloading the page or check it with another browser?

Trent

3. Klark0
    Posted 15 years ago #

Thanks for your reply, Trent.

Yeah I did clear the cache and switched browsers.

One of two things always happens. Either the browser uploader is shown and insert into post doesnt work as described before OR the add media window that pops up...just shows a login box. And when you do login again, it takes you to dashboard. If you login at both the mapped domain and the blog subdomain, it still shows the login box when accessing the uploader.

With IE7 I get some nasty permission denied debug errors when type a post title and then click the Post Content box or (if I get far enough) when I access the browser uploader. I think it maybe related since this doesn't happen on blogs that have domain mapping disabled. Here's two of them.

First. This one occurs just after trying the browser uploader. (this is just the highlighted problem area)
    .password);else c.open(type,s.url,s.async);try{if(s.
    Second. This occurs sometimes by just accessing the Write>Post page.
    (function(){document.open();document.domain="cariblogger.com";var ed = window.parent.tinyMCE.get("content");document.write(ed.iframeHTML);document.close();ed.setupIframe();})()

All the mapped blogs have this issue and they don't have any plugins activated on them. You can browse the mu-plugins folder on my site, but I don't think any of those could be the cause of this.

I'm running 2.6.2 ..what versions were you testing against?

4. Klark0
    Posted 15 years ago #

UPDATE. I disabled all my mu-plugins except for domain mapping. Also I have no core file edits. I even toggled between the new media button option in Site Admin. Problem still remains.

5. qza
    Posted 15 years ago #

It also happens to me on my mapped domain...

6. Klark0
    Posted 15 years ago #

THANK YOU. I am not going crazy. It's 5AM, and I can sleep now :D

7. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

Adding to your crazy pile.. I haven't seen this either.

Looks like a conflict with the javascript from TinyMCE though. Sometimes disabling a conflicting plugin doesn't actually stop any conflicts. :-/

8. Klark0
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hey Andrea,
    What version are you using with domain mapping ?

Following your post, I created a new cpanel account and installed a fresh copy of MU 2.6.2 with subdomains! Then i added domain mapping and created a test blog.

Same exact problem. Blank white page after clicking insert into post. And debug errors in IE7. (My cache was cleared, and I used different browsers and systems)

If anyone wants Site Admin access to this test install or the hosting account, I'd gladly hand it over for testing and fixing this issue.

9. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

I'm using it on a site I just upgraded to 2.6.2. It's live, has plenty of users.

With those results, I'm guessing it's a server setting or conflict somewhere.

10. Klark0
    Posted 15 years ago #

I've got eAccelerator on the server.
    besides qza, anyone else having this prob ?

11. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

I tried eaccelerator on my server, and it worked for most accounts and absolutely killed the main one.

Disable it, see if the problem persists.

12. Klark0
    Posted 15 years ago #

Nope disabling mine didn't solve the prob. I can't think of anything else. My server is just a standard whm/cpanel. Both up to date.

13. MrBrian
    Posted 15 years ago #

Instead of stabbing in the dark to fix the problem, I would investigate the error. Debug the blank page.

14. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

You checked error logs, right? :)

15. Klark0
    Posted 15 years ago #

Nothing about this in error logs.

The debugger doesn't give any info. Using it before, it would usually point to an error in a plugin file. But it doesn't show anything. Just the errors listed before.

Did some searching and found this:
    http://www.mail-archive.com/jquery-en@googlegroups.com/msg41344.html

16. maxisnow
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hey,
    Thought I should join the conversation as I am having the bank-page media uploader issue as well.
    I even tried different blogs on the same MU install, and it confirmed. Domain mapped blogs would get blan-page when trying to insert via the media uploader, non-mapped blogs would work flawlessly.

We're working on a corporate install of MU, and have a small team here, so we're probably going to troubleshoot and fix the problems our selves. Let you know when/if we do.

Until then, anyone have any more info?

17. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

I'll double-check one of my setups.

18. Klark0
    Posted 15 years ago #

Thanks guys. I've been pounding away at this and haven't figured it out yet.

I think this might be a cpanel issue, hence why it doesn't affect everyone ?

19. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

Works for me. Details:

- latest MU release
    - Donncha's domain mapping plugin, domain mapped blog
    - live and busy site
    - cpanel setup
    - uploaded via "add media" button
    - NOT using the Flash uploader but the Browser uploader
    - using FireFox 3
    - upload successful, clicked "insert into post'

Now I have a s-l-o-w connection at time (like right now) so I could see that just when it does that, the upload window goes blank right after ti inserts into the post, but right before the window itself closes.

20. maxisnow
    Posted 15 years ago #

Do you have the blog domain mapped to a different root domain?
    For instance, we have MU installed on mublogs.com (example) and have created a blogs at blog1.mublogs.com.
    I use domain mapping to map blog1.com to blog1.mublogs.com, add my virtual hosts modification, edit the dns zones for blog1.com, and it pulls up fine.
    However, image inserting goes to blank page.

Also, doubtful it's cpanel as we do not run cpanel on our servers. We're running apache with command line.

21. Klark0
    Posted 15 years ago #

Well andrea, that where we have the prob. it just stays blank (white) and doesn't insert the image. It doesn't close either.

Is the Flash uploader available to you, andrea ? Or did it go directly to Browser. Sometimes I get the f-uploader, sometimes I don't.

22. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

I don't see the flash uploader as I'm on a 64-bit build of Linux. :D I'll have to test it on one of the other machines.

"Do you have the blog domain mapped to a different root domain?"

yeah, because that's how it works. :)

domain2.com was mapped to blog.domain1.com and the *edit fields changed*. Sure you did that step?

you need to go to Site Admin -> Edit Blog and edit sub.domain1.com and change all the fields from that to the mapped domain.

23. qza
    Posted 15 years ago #

Thanks Andrea. Changing blog's all details to the new domain via editing did the trick.

24. Klark0
    Posted 15 years ago #

Yeah that fixes it for me too. Thanks Andrea.
    one of my user's domains: http://guytoons.com.gy/
    Changing it will break all image links and any custom headers. So you will have to fix those.

Shouldn't the plugin automatically change it without requiring our intervention? That should be a feature in future versions.

25. Success
    Posted 15 years ago #

I also just encountered the same blank page bug earlier for mapped domains.

Problem solved after editing all urls of the blog to it's domain.

26. peiqinglong
    Posted 15 years ago #

This issue started popping up for me also. In the beginning, everything was working fine, but then all of a sudden two newly mapped domains was giving me the blank upload page and when i tried IE, I get the Error 2060.

I'm going to try Andrea's suggestion, but one thing I bring up, will need to test, but once you change all the fields to the mapped domain, when you undomain map it, you'll have to change it back. I like how it keeps subdomain.domain.tld but rewrites the URL to domain.tld. I'm guessing somewhere in the rewriting, there is some problems as I noticed sometimes when I login I get http://subdomain.domain.tld and after I login it becomes http://domain.tld.

27. peiqinglong
    Posted 15 years ago #

I tried Andrea's method and I get No WPMU site defined error. Grrr.

28. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

Got any hair left? :)

29. peiqinglong
    Posted 15 years ago #

Got any hair left? :)

It turned white, then some fell out, and what was left, I pulled it out...

Why can't things just work for me?! :(

30. qza
    Posted 15 years ago #

I got that erro in first few minutes. I think that's because of cache or something like that.

I get http://subdomain.domain.tld and after I login it becomes http://domain.tld.

About this Topic