The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Suffering from Plug in Overload! (17 posts)

1. keeperbay
    Posted 15 years ago #

WOW MU is doing more than I ever though it could! I was happy to find an easy to install easy to operate blog, but now I see that you can set up stores with it also.

I setup one theme/plug in and it works ok. But I am wondering if anyone knows of a theme and plug in that will allow my bloggers to create their own shopping carts AND the users items randomly show on the main homepage. (the admin will not be listing items)

Thank you,
    ~e
    PS this is the shopping cart we have at present:
    http://gogreenauctions.com/3shop/test1

2. VentureMaker
    Posted 15 years ago #

WP E-commerce from instinct.co.nz

3. cafespain
    Posted 15 years ago #

4. keeperbay
    Posted 15 years ago #

Right, that is the cart we are using. Are there any others?

Or if there are not any others, is there a way to put the members items (random items from each member) on the main (root) homepage?

I'm assuming there is a way to do it with their blogs (haven't quite figured that out) but could I do it with there listed items at least the images?

5. cafespain
    Posted 15 years ago #

You could have a look at:
    http://shopplugin.net/

Get Shopped is a WordPress MU powered e-commerce site:
    http://www.getshopped.com/

6. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

"is there a way to put the members items (random items from each member) on the main (root) homepage? "

yeah just modify any one of the many recent posts options here in the forums.

7. keeperbay
    Posted 15 years ago #

I have tried to make the "recent posts" plug in work, but I'm missing a step or something (what's new - right?)
    I think maybe I'm not getting the groups or the categories or something setup correctly. Nothing shows on the main homepage except the admins blogs.
    I've tried setting it up so that a "Page" shows up, but I'm not sure how to get random user/member posts to show up on that page or if that even how it's suppose to work. Some of they plugins don't come with a lot of information.
    Of course there is the possibility that I have now installed too many plug ins and they are working against each other.

8. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

Did you read the top of the recent posts plugin you have? usually there's instructions there.

Also, gotta remember a few things:
    - it may not show posts made older than 24 hours
    - it does not show posts from blogs that are not public (see privacy options)

9. boonika
    Posted 15 years ago #

@cafespain - but the guys from getshopped never explained how they managed E-Commerce to be 100% MU Compatible (or was it the other way around)... I'm not saying that I blame them:)

10. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

last I heard they had to edit MU, which I thought was odd. I was going to try it again but haven't got around to it.

@keeperbay - you'll have to cobble together your own code for that. AFAIK, there isn't any plugin out there that does that yet.

you can *base* it on any of the recent posts plugins, but you'll have to add info for however ecommerce stores the latest products.

11. keeperbay
    Posted 15 years ago #

Well, I've been cobbling for days and I've come to the concussion that the crafty cart doesn't work for multiple users. 1 or 2 maybe, but you can create an entire site of e-commerce sellers with the plug in that comes with the crafty cart template. So we are back to the starting point again! I have also notices that many of the plugins provided won't work from multi users. Is there a list of those that do and those that do not?
    Thank you everyone for all your help.

12. keeperbay
    Posted 15 years ago #

Ok well I didn't spell check THAT LAST POST before I hit post!
    Yet another reason to finish feeding the baby before one starts typing.

Let me try that again: I've come to the conclusion that the crafty cart/WordPress e-Commerce Plugin doesn't work for multiple users. 1 or 2 maybe, but you can’t create an entire site of e-commerce sellers with the plug in that comes with the crafty cart template.

Anyone have any other ideas?

13. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

14. keeperbay
    Posted 15 years ago #

Oh that is slick! 2 months of searching, 1 month of that here. And there you go - ASK and you shall receive! So much for seek and you shall find.
    I haven't tried it as a second user yet, but the first user works well - I'm finding that's half the battle.

15. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

No prob, I've also spent a lot of time NAK or feeding baby and typing one-handed. :D

16. VentureMaker
    Posted 15 years ago #

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/eshop/

Well, you should create a separate post/page for every product if you use it. Not a problem if you have 30 items to sell, but if you've got 300 - this turns out to be a pain is the butt :)

I use WP e-Commerce from instinct on WPMU and I have no problems with it on fresh installation

17. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

The Crafty cart she mentions above *is* the wp-ecommerce plugin from instinct, bundled with a theme.

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by keeperbay
  • Latest reply from andrea_r