The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Must have plugins? (18 posts)

1. Konstan
    Posted 15 years ago #

I've been thinking of what plugins to add in the last few days and I'd like to know what are you guys using.

I dont really have that many, just Viper's Video, Sociable, Widgetbox and few small additions on my own. I've been thinking of adding an advanced tinyMCE and maybe wp-postrating and postviews.

2. Klark0
    Posted 15 years ago #

Title2Tags for users determined to not tag their posts.

Polls are nice.

For contact forms I do what wp.com does, just [contact-form] in any post. Simple and easy.

3. VentureMaker
    Posted 15 years ago #

PageMash helps me a lot.
    Admin Management Extended too.

4. tdjcbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

Title2Tags for users determined to not tag their posts.

We tried that on one of our installs. End users complained and they had to remove it.

5. Klark0
    Posted 15 years ago #

^ What they complain about ? If they don't want the tags automatically generated, all they have to do is set it themselves.

6. Konstan
    Posted 15 years ago #

Which poll plguin are you using? WP-Polls? I was thinking of adding that. Also, PageMash looks really nice, will be using it.

Do these work with mu out of the box?

7. dsader
    Posted 15 years ago #

8. Ovidiu
    Posted 15 years ago #

thx for the suggestions.

Entity2NCR seems to be no longer needed:

'If you are running 1.5.1 or above, do NOT install Entity2NCR. You don’t need it, and will run into problems due to the plugin’s function having the same name in the WordPress core.'

9. Ovidiu
    Posted 15 years ago #

any links for title2tags plugin? can't find it via google

10. Klark0
    Posted 15 years ago #

11. Konstan
    Posted 15 years ago #

Titles 2 tags seems very nice, except the downloaded file I have doesnt come with all the necesarry stuff to make it work :P

But once that is sorted out it should be very usefull. Thanks for the link. I didnt even think about something like this, now I am glad I opened this thread.

12. Klark0
    Posted 15 years ago #

Just click the older versions link on wp.org and you'll find the missing file in the very first release.

And here's the contact form plugin I use. This one is great.
    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/grunion-contact-form/

13. Konstan
    Posted 15 years ago #

Ah thanks, got everything I need now to the T2T plugin. I'll test it once I get a decent stopwords file in spanish and see how it goes. Seems a little intrusive, but we'll see.

Grunion is excellent, very simple and to the point like I needed.

14. boonika
    Posted 15 years ago #

My vote goes for Contact Form 7. But I got the most useful plugins solutions and ideas from Dsader + all of his wpmudev.org plugins. Also, Thumbs up for MrBrian and his Default Blog Settings (or something like that). If you go to wpmu.org you'll find that almost every single plugin submited for contest is simply amazing.

15. VentureMaker
    Posted 15 years ago #

I second boonika regarding Contact Form 7. Haven't seen a better solution yet.

16. Ovidiu
    Posted 15 years ago #

Isn't that too complicated for the average user? I remember having used an older version a while ago, and though offering loads of features and customization, the average user would be overwhelmed in my opinion...

17. VentureMaker
    Posted 15 years ago #

Well... Maybe :) Still, features are pretty understandable, those who don't need advanced stuff may not use it.
    'Just-a-simple-contact-form' can be set with it in seconds

18. boonika
    Posted 15 years ago #

Well at least it is much simpler than CS Forms II :)

About this Topic