The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

I've Lost My Upload Dialogue? (4 posts)

1. shredder
    Posted 18 years ago #

Hi all,

Somehow or other I've lost the file upload dialogue section that is situated beneath the "write" window.

I see the Editor window, below that the three right-aligned buttons for Save&Cont, Save and Publish. Below that is the page preview.

TBH I'm beginning to doubt the dialogue was ever there ;) if it wasn't for my WP account I wouldn't be missing it.

Can someone;

- confirm that there should be such a dialogue
    - how I can reinstate mine
    (indeed how did I lose it in the first instance?)

Cheers,

2. samchng
    Posted 18 years ago #

After the three buttons you should have Upload box, with Browse and Browse All options. There is also others like Trackback and Optional Fields.

I have no idea what happened to your Write module. Have changelogs for your site? Start one and you can retrace our steps.

3. shredder
    Posted 18 years ago #

Sam, thanks for the reply - a question as an aside if I may; 'changelogs for your site? Start one and you can retrace our steps'. I understand the concept you're talking about but this process (of monitoring changes) is not one I'm familiar with, how would I do this? It reads as if its a background monitoring tool, am I understanding this correctly?

Re.: the disappearing upload box;

I've since posted an entry into the blog and it seems as the "preview" I mention above is actually inserted into the section where the upload dialogue should be.

I say this because, during the course of writing the entry the 'true' preview appeared at the bottom of my page, and was scrolled to correctly when clicking the "preview" hyperlink in the tope right-hand corner of the write-entry page.

I was working with installing the Flickr Photo Album for WP plugin from http://tantannoodles.com/toolkit/photo-album/

Curiously that plugin is not working for me; failing at the very last step where it /should/ be displaying a tab in the file dialogue labelled 'Photos'

...AHAH!! if I deactivate the plugin the dialogue box returns; amazing what some sleep can do to your thinking! ;)

4. samchng
    Posted 17 years ago #

The changelog that I do for myself, is just a simple Word document or a Trac system that I enter what I do for each day with my MU site. If anything were to happen, I will know what I touched and contributed to the problem that didn't occur before. Nothing automatic. Sorry to disappoint ya. ;)

As for Flickr Photo Album, I would be installing it soon. Will let you know if I can successfully install it. Good luck.

About this Topic

• Started 18 years ago by shredder
  • Latest reply from samchng