The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Wikiroma (10 posts)

1. sgrunt
    Posted 15 years ago #

Finally here comes Wikiroma.it ( http://wikiroma.it ), a newborn city blog network about Rome. Do you like it?

2. Opally
    Posted 15 years ago #

nice layout, but where do you turn off the music??

3. sgrunt
    Posted 15 years ago #

you can see the radio player on the right column, under: Wikiradio. You can stop or skip track.

Maybe in future i'll stop the autoplay. Thanx for the comment!

4. awarner20
    Posted 15 years ago #

Very nice site and I especially like the use of the jQuery carousel!

Is there a plugin for that feature of did you custom code that part?

Again, very nice:)

p.s. I would suggest turning off autoplay also...I don't know of many people who like to be surprised by music when surfing, especially when wearing headphones and listening to music already;)

5. sgrunt
    Posted 15 years ago #

thanx awarner20, ok maybe i'll shut down that radio :-)
    the homepage of Wikiroma aggregates my MU network, but it is built outside MU and so there are not plugins in it, everything is coded "manually".

For example i'd like to know how to determine, outside the loop, if a visitor is logged or not, in order to show or not to show the login form in the home.

6. tdjcbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

+1 for turning off autoplay. Nice idea but 1) Not everybody has broadband and 2) you just dropped a client for me that I was trying to help as the player took over audio.

7. sgrunt
    Posted 15 years ago #

thanx guys, i've stopped the radio :-)))
    i pose again the question:

i'd like to know how to determine, outside the loop, if a visitor is logged or not, in order to show or not to show the login form in the home.

8. cafespain
    Posted 15 years ago #

Try

if ( ! is_user_logged_in() ) {}

That is the function called (indirectly) in the Site Meta sidebar Widget.

9. sgrunt
    Posted 15 years ago #

thanx cafespain, but i don't think that the function can be called outside MU..my homepage is not part of MU

10. tdjcbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

You would have to detect if the login cookie is present.

And to be honest, you just reached the end of my knowledge. I will point you at line 92 of wp-includes/pluggable.php which is where the check is made. You can find the code for determining what the login cookie is also in that fine. I myself am at a loss on how to go from there. i don't work with cookies that much.

I blame Sesame Street. Ever since Cookie Monster went vegetarian and started eating more than cookies....

About this Topic