The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

getting a regular wp plugin to work w/ WPMU? (4 posts)

1. static electrician
    Posted 15 years ago #

What are the differences between plugins in mu-plugins/ and plugins/ ? Alternately, how do I turn on debugging or otherwise view error output?

I have wpmu installed and running and the ldap plugin works great, but I would like the individual functionality of the standalone wp ldap plugin. So, figuring "i can use the wpmu-ldap plugin for site-wide authentication/blog creation and then use the standalone-ldap-wp plugin for individual blogs (that the blog owners could manage after I enabled it)" I tried putting in the standalone-ldap in plugins/ and activating it, which works (as does enabling it per-blog) but configuring it throws me to an error screen that says "Are you sure you want to do that?" and a "Please Try Again" link that sends me back to the config page for the plugin.

2. rizapn
    Posted 15 years ago #

1. I'm sure you know the difference between those 2 folder. As far as I know, there is no different in term of plugin itself (the one work in mu-plugins will also work in plugins).

2. If I want to debug, usually I will put some :

echo "<!--$var_name-->";

somewhere in the place that I want to debug.

You may also need to check the plugin code for the access level stuff.

3. kevinucd
    Posted 15 years ago #

I'm curious how you were able to get the LDAP plugin to work. Everytime i search for a user, I get 'user' not found. I'm wondering about the syntax of Search DN and User DN for searches. How did you enter those?

4. static electrician
    Posted 15 years ago #

sorry I haven't replied to you sooner -- I just saw this!

SearchDN I setup as OU=My OU Name, DC=sub, DC=domain, DC=tld
    UserDN is just a username (short version, not username@sub.domain.tld or DOMAIN\username)

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by static electrician
  • Latest reply from static electrician