The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

New Educational Theme (6 posts)

1. kennibc
    Posted 15 years ago #

Here is a more educational theme. I used CSS for rounded corners, so it is best viewed in Firefox.
    http://blog.dearbornschools.org/webmaster/

I am working on making this a MU Mother/homeblog theme.

What do you think and do you see any css issues?

2. static electrician
    Posted 15 years ago #

using IE7 I see nothing glaring.

3. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

4. kennibc
    Posted 15 years ago #

Thanks Andrea_R. I used #ID instead of .class in the post loop for gbox. Now it is a class and I validated the page as xhtml strict1.0.

As for the CSS issues, these are what give the edges a rounded look in firefox or safari. I do not think they are oficially approved yet, but forward thinking browsers like Firefox and safari support the CSS used. IE7 will only display boxed edges. I am not sure why the Opacity CSS was returning an error?

I am thinking of using jQuery to do the rounded edges, but haven't gotten that far yet. I want to do rounded edges with css only and no images. JQuery might be the way I need to go.

PS. Changed the sidebar. Made it the same as the post boxes.

5. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

Yeah, I like the rounded edges too, and have used them. Thought it was kinda weird they marked it as invalid. Maybe it was the strict1.0 declaration?

6. kennibc
    Posted 15 years ago #

You know what is kinda funny, this post is id=9976 which is my birthday. Do I win some type of prize for this random happening? Maybe I should buy a lotto ticket tomorrow!

About this Topic