The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

design about MU`s themes is so Scarce (10 posts)

1. www1xhtmlcom
    Posted 17 years ago #

wp themes design so much,but MU...

2. Cybermonsters
    Posted 17 years ago #

I'm looking for the same thing. I'm being very careful about what I use, seems like so many bugs are being worked out. Anyone have a link to tested wpmu themes?

3. corourke
    Posted 17 years ago #

4. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

Theorhetically, "most" themes shoudl work with MU too. The ones to watch out for are ones with options pages made with Ohz's theme toolkit. This is easily fixed though.

And frankly, I don't run across many regular theme for WP that I don't have to tweak.

5. lunabyte
    Posted 17 years ago #

I agree Andrea.

I've yet to run across a theme that I haven't had to tweak something on. Not including any custom edits I want, but to the theme out of the box before I make my personal edits.

My "biggest" complaints are not terminating a home link with a trailing slash, lack of proper indentations in the html (yes, I know once a wp function runs, it jacks it up, but not the point), and 50 line breaks between tags.

Validation is occasionally an issue, but that just shows a lack of skill/caring/knowledge/whatever on the "author's" part.

Once in a while you get themes that rock in one browser, and suck in another, but it's becoming more rare with recent themes. Granted, some are slightly different in IE, but I won't touch that topic with a 50' pole.

For a theme to "specifically" work with MU, there really isn't anything different that has to be done, that you wouldn't do to a theme on a standalone install, with very few exception in regards to themes having their own settings page. I tend to either take them out if it's a really nice theme, or skip the theme all together.

It all comes down to personal preference, really. If you'd change something on a theme you were going to install for a single install, you'll probably make the same or a similar change for MU.

The "biggest" difference with MU, is you should always test, test, and test again for every theme you install. Get a couple buddies to look at them too, and try to hit as many browsers/operating systems as you can.

Regardless though, there's always going to be that one user that has an issue. Comes with the territory though, or so it seems.

6. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

hardcoded links in a theme are my biggest pain. :) But we are SO on the same page, lunabyte.

7. lunabyte
    Posted 17 years ago #

Oh yes... I love links to pages on other peoples sites soooo much.

/sarcasm

8. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

And to pages and add-ons that don't exist... :D I could go on.

9. lunabyte
    Posted 17 years ago #

Or plugins, or images...

Or css files that are 4 lines long, and only because your editor gets tired of printing on the same line....

10. lunabyte
    Posted 17 years ago #

And another one... 100k+ screenshots...

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by www1xhtmlcom
  • Latest reply from lunabyte