The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

WordPress Video Solution Framework for WPMU (78 posts)

1. ddmitry
    Posted 15 years ago #

gpo1: I will use buddypress on my MU site.

Wordpress Video Framework can work with buddypress. Plugins can be like "new videos" etc - but it not buddypress related thing.

2. james4cees
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hailin: The qt warnings are not compile issues but is common in 64bit systems and is not a fail... As the script outputs further down it suggests it is more of a problem with libx264 processing.... maybe I will try to go back a step and check all my dependencies...

3. james4cees
    Posted 15 years ago #

Ok I have discovered that the version of FFmpeg and qt-faststart which is included with FFmpeg SVN-r13780 isnt compatible with my centos 64bit OS...

hence the reason I get the error on the config.err for ffmpeg and qt-faststart make below is the output. (strangely enough they actually work as individual units if I convert mp4 to mp4 as the md5sum changes with QT-faststart and ffmpeg also converts wmv to mp4 etc..

tools/qt-faststart.c: In function ‘main’:
    tools/qt-faststart.c:133: warning: format ‘%llX’ expects type ‘long long unsigned int’, but argument 2 has type ‘uint64_t’
    tools/qt-faststart.c:174: warning: format ‘%llX’ expects type ‘long long unsigned int’, but argument 2 has type ‘uint64_t’

I also checked my config.err for ffmpeg and found a couple of unrecognized commands as below

BEGIN /tmp/ffmpeg-conf-32594-27571-4459.c
    1 int x;
    END /tmp/ffmpeg-conf-32594-27571-4459.c
    gcc -fomit-frame-pointer -pthread -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wall -Wno-switch -Wdisabled-optimization -Wpointer-arith -Wredundant-decls -Wno-pointer-sign -Wcast-qual -Wwrite-strings -O3 -fno-math-errno -fno-signed-zeros $
    cc1: error: unrecognized command line option "-fno-signed-zeros"
    check_cc
    BEGIN /tmp/ffmpeg-conf-32594-27571-4459.c
    1 asm (".align 3");
    END /tmp/ffmpeg-conf-32594-27571-4459.c
    gcc -fomit-frame-pointer -pthread -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wall -Wno-switch -Wdisabled-optimization -Wpointer-arith -Wredundant-decls -Wno-pointer-sign -Wcast-qual -Wwrite-strings -O3 -fno-math-errno -c -o /tmp/ffmpeg-$
    /tmp/cckk9FCf.s: Assembler messages:
    /tmp/cckk9FCf.s:3: Error: alignment not a power of 2

My question is can I use a different ffmpeg and qt-faststart version with the framework or a different ffmpeg build that includes a compatible version of qt-faststart?

this is the only error i get on the transcoder section, the final step ... thanks for any guidance...

my GCC version is gcc (GCC) 4.1.2 20071124 (Red Hat 4.1.2-42)

i manually tested ffmpeg with
    ffmpeg -i <inputfile.ext> -vcodec msmpeg4 -vtag MP43 -acodec libmp3lame <file.avi>

works fine

****EDIT**** update
    however ffmpeg doesnt succesfully convert the .wmv test file to .mov it appears to do it but the output is blank, so my ffmpeg seems fine just the qt portion is not working so at least I can focus on the qt error on the make portion...

and the output played back no issues and qt-faststart works converting .mov files only....

4. james4cees
    Posted 15 years ago #

the above should read ....

works fine and the output played back no issues and qt-faststart works converting .mov files only.... OK so far..

****EDIT**** update
    however ffmpeg doesnt succesfully convert the .wmv test file to .mov it appears to do it but the output is blank, so my ffmpeg seems fine just the qt portion is not working to allow ffmpeg to convert so at least I can focus on the qt error on the make portion...

5. gpo1
    Posted 15 years ago #

ddmitry,Go to hear that you're going to use buddypress !
    Look ahead on your progress..

6. hailin
    Posted 15 years ago #

I just removed send_reads_to_masters() and
    video_get_filesize( $md5_path )as they are our system specific and not applicable to the open sourced version.

7. hailin
    Posted 15 years ago #

Also modified the player to accept video_info_path, which specifies the path to query for XML information. The following rule in .htaccess is added:

RewriteRule ^([^/]+) /wp-content/plugins/video/flvplayer.swf?guid=$1&video_info_path=http://v.mydomain.com/wp-content/plugins/video/video-xml.php [L,R=302]

8. ddmitry
    Posted 15 years ago #

hailin: Glad to see that you implement my recommendations. Did you planned use i18n this code ? It will be helpful for non-english sites.

9. Parmen
    Posted 15 years ago #

Looks great on Dima's site.

Bon Jovi has also to be credited. :)

10. hailin
    Posted 15 years ago #

ddmitry:
    We already use i18n for the messages in this code, ex:
    __( 'This video doesn’t exist' )

If you find more places where i18n is needed, please raise the issue so that we can improve it together.

11. ddmitry
    Posted 15 years ago #

hailin: Oops, probably I'm looking (again) in old version that works for me. Will see on code and make diff or so.

12. msdnvp
    Posted 15 years ago #

it's a shame these developers are such ass-hole's that only develop this plug-in that only works on Linux servers.

while leaving out many of the window servers.

the developers are idiots, why don't you developers check out ffmpeg-php.dll for php4/5/6 ? we have ffmpeg support and php_ffmpeg.dll for windows.

i hate it when i see plugins only made that work on Linux like those video-clone sites all made for Linux. such stupidity makes me so angry

13. msdnvp
    Posted 15 years ago #

screen dump
    http://i44.tinypic.com/2dadda1.png

here is my project for windows only

it uses
    php_ffmpeg.dll php5 version
    ffmpeg
    gd2

sandbox tools : xamp 1.7.0

features

upload from url pull method
    upload from local drive
    swfupload ajax
    display page, shows uploaded videos
    [embed { pull video lister }]
    auto start jobs, cron control

and much more.

this is still being worked on. when everything has been cleared of bugs will be released as open source on source forge

14. ddmitry
    Posted 15 years ago #

msdnvp: Projects such as this Wordpress Video Framework is born in specific environment and goes public later. So, you can spend some time and this plugin will work on Windows - you will need to change some system() calls to another or replace it by php functions. This is not rocket science :) Also you can replace ffmpeg by, say, vlc or mencoder or even ms media encoder - no problem, do it for yourself and publish it if you wish.

php_ffmpeg module (as far as I remember - about year ago I wrote some code with this module) have some limitations. Using standalone (or even remotely located) ffmpeg or something else for transcoding gives you much more power. Its wrong to transcode videos by webserver (if you have apache+mod_php with ffmpeg module) :)

15. gpo1
    Posted 15 years ago #

ddmitry, keep up the work..Any update adapt it for buddypress plugin?

16. ddmitry
    Posted 15 years ago #

gpo1: Now I've fix some language issues in perfect cosydale.com's russian locale and plays with buddypress svn trunk in sandbox. 1.0b works good for me and other people at kharkov.ru. Video framework used by Kharkov's regional news agency for publishing videos for internet and even our iptv users.

What you want from this framework and buddypress together ? Like a sitewide/groupwide videofeeds ? Let's discuss here or maybe on bp's forum ?

Now I"m thinking about friendfeed (like user.livejournal.com/friends, didn't find it on buddypress) feature for bp+wpmu and have some working code. Will clean it and publish a bit later.

17. Trent
    Posted 15 years ago #

@ddmitry do you have an updated instruction set for the recent changes to this plugin? I am having loads of issues getting it working and not sure how the "flash player" ties into this solution. Anything you can add?

Trent

18. gpo1
    Posted 15 years ago #

ddmitry, Let use the BP forum.However if you could make it for user profiles like Facebook.
    Features needed.
    Easy to use.
    Easy uploading of Videos directly from the user computer.
    Support for many formats including (mpg, avi, divx and more.
    Edit video at anytime, change the title, description and tags.
    Make video public or private for those who don't like to share.
    Allow or disallow video comments and also video embedding.
    If you could do any on these would be a great thing for buddypress.
    Lets use the BP forum for user input as-well.
    Have you got a twitter username?

19. ique
    Posted 15 years ago #

Does anyone have any tips on how I would go about adapting this for a single (not-mu) blog.
    I'm running the tests fine, but havent really studied wordpress plugins this in-depth before and i'm not sure how the plugins hook into the core.

20. hailin
    Posted 15 years ago #

For single-host blog, basically define transcoder and file server as the same host.

21. zmedia
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hi,

I was planning to roll out this video framework on a single user WP blog and keep everything on one server, for a local video project website for kids.

After some advice from Hailin and support from my webhost I managed to install it on my CentOS box (Congratulations! ffmpeg is installed correctly) and the video player is working either.

Thanks to ddmitri for providing the custom install for the single server setup.

Right now I am struggling how to implement it into the backend of WordPress. I guess, the fact that there is nothing to activate in the plugin area of the admin backend is no error, right?

Did someone manage to port this framework into the wp-admin area and is willing to share it with me? Probably the MU admin area is roughly structured the same as a single user installation, so hopefully I should at least be able to adapt it to a normal WP blog. Thanks in advance for any answers.

22. gpo1
    Posted 15 years ago #

@ddmitry, Any update on video frame for buddypress CMS?

23. robertjooste
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hi there,

I've been trying to install this plugin for more than 2 weeks now, and I'm not getting it right. The ffmpeg and other codecs are installed fine. (Congratulations! ffmpeg is installed correctly)

I than hacked around a bit and got the video's to upload, and i now get [wpvideo tQZ844vR] so I believe the video uploading is fine.

But when I preview or publish that post, I get this error:
    Fatal error: Call to undefined function: faux_faux() in /home/gvpsaco/public_html/mu/wp-content/mu-plugins/video.php on line 27

I really don't know how to fix it.
    Can anyone help with this?

thank you.

(I'm running linux CentOS with Cpanel/whm)

24. acti0n
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hello!

Im new here, from Germany - sorry for my possible bad language ;)

Ok I really like Plugins like this and want it to get to work.

I've setup a nice Ubuntu machine in Sun VirtualBox for playing/development purposes..

Setup of WordpressMU and all the Konverting-Tools are done and working (the test Script says all is going fine)

But what have I to do to upload and convert and post the Videos on the WPMU Blog?

Please explain how to edit the php-files and the .htaccess...

Ok here some Information:

Local Hostname is simonsserver
    Router IP: 192.168.178.24
    Webserver ist reachable on acti0n.ath.cx, the WPMU on stream.acti0n.ath.cx (stream.acti0n.ath.cx is setup as a virtual-host on Apache)
    Ive used the Fritz! Box for acti0n.ath.cx, Port forwarding on 192.168.178.24 for Port 80, Wildcards for Subdomains on

Heres the current .htaccess:

RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /

#uploaded files
    RewriteRule ^(.*/)?files/$ index.php [L]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !.*wp-content/plugins.*
    RewriteRule ^(.*/)?files/(.*) wp-content/blogs.php?file=$2 [L]

# add a trailing slash to /wp-admin
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^.*/wp-admin$
    RewriteRule ^(.+)$ $1/ [R=301,L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
    RewriteRule . - [L]
    RewriteRule  ^([_0-9a-zA-Z-]+/)?(wp-.*) $2 [L]
    RewriteRule  ^([_0-9a-zA-Z-]+/)?(.*\.php)$ $2 [L]
    RewriteRule . index.php [L]

<IfModule mod_security.c>
    <Files async-upload.php>
    SecFilterEngine Off
    SecFilterScanPOST Off
    </Files>
    </IfModule>

PS: If you want to visit my blog its possible thats not reachable because the Sun VirtualBox isnt running 24/7 ;)

25. hailin
    Posted 14 years ago #

faux_faux() should be removed. It's updated in the package.

26. selfmade64856
    Posted 14 years ago #

Anyone had any luck with this plugin yet?

27. parkstreet
    Posted 14 years ago #

Yes, I have it working, and I am supposed to be writing a post on my experience and the steps I used to get it to work. Actually, I have it written, but I haven't posted it yet.

28. selfmade64856
    Posted 14 years ago #

lol....WELL WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!?!

Please do tell.....and is it as good as it sounds? Seems like a great plugin to incorporate.

Let us know ;)

29. parkstreet
    Posted 14 years ago #

It is as good as it sounds. I have to upgrade my VPS, but don't have time at the moment to do so. I hope to have everything back up and running after Aug 25th. Then I will post it.

30. selfmade64856
    Posted 14 years ago #

Fantastic! Looking forward to your posts ;) Thanks parkstreet!

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by politicalbear
  • Latest reply from dbcohen