The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

More Privacy Options Plugin Issues (36 posts)

1. josswinn
    Posted 15 years ago #

Actually, dsader's plugin doesn't make BuddyPress private on either sub-dirs or sub-domains. The main site link is blocked, but the /groups/ , /members/, /blog/ and /blogs/ are all accessible if you go directly to those links.

I really wish this wasn't the case. Will contact dsader directly to see if he's willing to work on his plugin a little... :-)

2. Trent
    Posted 15 years ago #

I had to add priority to another plugin to get it to work before some recent changes that Andy made to BP @josswinn. I bet if you add the priority to dsader's plugin it might work:

if (( '-1' == $current_blog->public ) || ($number == '-1')) { // add exclusion of main blog if desired
    	add_action('template_redirect', 'ds_users_authenticator', 1);
    	add_action('login_form', 'registered_users_login_message');
    }
    if ( '-2' == $current_blog->public ) {
    	add_action('template_redirect', 'ds_members_authenticator', 1);
    	add_action('login_form', 'registered_members_login_message');
    }
    if ( '-3' == $current_blog->public ) {
    	add_action('template_redirect', 'ds_admins_authenticator', 1);
    	add_action('login_form', 'registered_admins_login_message');

}

Adding the priority to the template_redirect might make it work, but I have to test it to be sure.

Trent

3. Trent
    Posted 15 years ago #

yeah, that works.

Trent

4. josswinn
    Posted 15 years ago #

That's fantastic, Trent. It does seem to work for me, too. Site wide and member's feeds are also blocked. Will spend more time at work on Monday testing it. Thanks very much for posting this.

5. josswinn
    Posted 15 years ago #

Update: This works well on a sub-domain install. However, on a sub-dir install, the pages ARE protected but the feeds are NOT protected using either dsader's plugin or the 'members-only' plugin.

6. josswinn
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hmmm, now the BuddyPress activity feeds are being exposed even when the blog is marked as private on a wildcard DNS install. Anyone else noticed this?

About this Topic