The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

MagpieRSS (4 posts)

1. mrarrow
    Posted 15 years ago #

I'm having an issue with a webmaster of another external site who is unable to parse an RSS feed from one of our sites (top level domain). He's using the MagpieRSS parser on his site and on the page where the RSS feed should be positioned its coming back with an "Error 404, file not found".

I've tried both the friendlier "/feed" URL address as well as "/?feed=rss2"

However, I've validated the main feed and comment feed on feedvalidator.org and w3.validator.org and everything validates. The feeds display correctly in Firefox live bookmarks etc. I've dropped the feeds into Newsfire (Mac RSS Aggregator) as well as Bloglines. Everything displays fine. I've checked from two other servers by doing a wget. No problems.

I've gone round the houses with this one. He's insistent on it being our problem, but I can't see anything up from our end. No one else is reporting such issues either and I can't recreate his problem from our end.

I've given him some feedburner addresses to use instead but for reasons best known to himself, he's not even trying them.

To avoid any problems at the moment, I won't reveal the URL if you don't mind. I appreciate this might cause some issues (maybe), but I'm after general advice as to whether there are any known bugs or issues or anything I could check...

Currently running Wordpress 2.6, mysql (4.1.22-standard)

2. tdjcbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

Wrong site I'm afraid. Wordpress support is over on their site:

http://wordpress.org/support

These forums are for WordPress multiuser, the hosting software that runs a Wordpress blogging host.

Checking the error logs at both sites is a first step though, even before posting a request for assistance.

Good luck

3. mrarrow
    Posted 15 years ago #

No I am MU. Sorry, yesterday had been a bad day, must've missed off MU from my spec at the bottom of the message.

So my enquiry still stands...

4. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

The problem is definitely on his end.

I mean, if he's unwilling to test even the feedburner feed (which would have been my first suggestion, just as a check) then you kind of can't help stubborn, you know?

Sorry I can't be of more help or point to a source, but I do sympathize. (got a similar thing happening with some DNS stuff)

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by mrarrow
  • Latest reply from andrea_r