The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

blogs.portlandschools.org (4 posts)

1. GeoffreyKOBrien
    Posted 15 years ago #

I am currently working on a new home theme, but this is our site that we went live with last year. All users (students and teachers) log in with their novell ldap account, teachers get a blog on login, students dont. Teachers can add students to their blogs as they wish. We have started another site that allows students to have a blog, but it's internal only and they are using it for their digitial portfolios. It's not much, but I thought I would share.

http://blogs.portlandschools.org

2. tdjcbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

*cough* *cough* Go Vikings *cough* *cough*

You're still showing Kentucky in a few places of your ToS.

I don't know if you have the time but if you ever get bored, there are a lot of student and school mu's out there. It would be interesting to see an article on how your mu works with under age bloggers and how your district's policies shaped your own site's policies. I know that question pops up on edublogs on occasion. I'm sure on Andrea's site as well. Maybe see if Andrew will put it up on wpmu.org

edit: I'm surprised you have your ToS, AuP and Privacy statements as Posts instead of Pages.

3. GeoffreyKOBrien
    Posted 15 years ago #

We have a committee that is in charge of policies, and I know they are working on revamping them to incorporate the web 2.0 stuff. I am in the process of working on a presentation that I will digitize the first time I give it on blogging in the classroom. In Maine we have a huge technology base in the classroom, and this is a great was to reach out to the masses. We do have a few staff members that browse the blogs, but students dont really have public blogs, only internal ones for right now, but they do work on teacher's blogs under their supervision. It is the teacher's responsibility to watch their blog that they have given students rights to work on, as the teacher still falls under the district's AUPS.

4. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

@Geoffrey - *waves hi from next door in NB*

"I'm sure on Andrea's site as well. "

Not really. The kid blogs are all created by the parents.

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by GeoffreyKOBrien
  • Latest reply from andrea_r