The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Blogs very slow and non-responsive -- 2.6.3 version (13 posts)

1. neo83
    Posted 15 years ago #

All

i have recently upgraded my wordpress mu installation from 1.3.2 to 2.6.3 and everything seemed to be fine. The main issue is that the blogs load very very slow and most of the time unresponsive. Web server logs show a return code of 200. But the blogs are either not loading or very very slow. Can anyone advice please?

Thanks

2. bloggus
    Posted 15 years ago #

Well, that is a huge upgrade and I would advice you to check all plugins you have and the compatibility with the version of WPMU.

3. neo83
    Posted 15 years ago #

Thanks for your reply. However there were no plugins installed. So its the base install which i upgraded from. Any other suggestions please?

4. Klark0
    Posted 15 years ago #

You absolutely sure you followed the Upgrade instructions ? Did you run the Upgrade on blogs ? Maybe you shouldn't have jumped directly to 2.6.3 from such a older version.

http://codex.wordpress.org/Upgrading_WPMU

5. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

How many blogs?

6. tdjcbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

Did you run the Site Admin -> Upgrade script on the backend?

I can never remember where it occurred but you also have the tag upgrade script in there somewhere as well. Anyone remember the version that occurred?

7. webmaestro
    Posted 15 years ago #

You might also want to check your .htaccess file. There've been a lot of changes there:

http://trac.mu.wordpress.org/changeset?old_path=tags%2F1.2%2Fhtaccess.dist&old=1518&new_path=tags%2F2.6.3%2Fhtaccess.dist&new=1518

Good luck!

8. neo83
    Posted 15 years ago #

thanks very much everyone for your advice.

Klarko: i did not find the previous version of wordpressmu to upgrade the versions step by step :(. Also the wordpressmu download page warns about 1.2.4 and previous versions. So assumed it would be ok. I did follow the instructions properly.

andrea_r: 155 blogs

tdjcbe: yes, i did run the upgrade script on the backend

webmaestro: i'll surely check the .htaccess file

In fact i have done the upgrade for the second time from backup. it's still the same.

Also could anyone of you point me to the previous wordpress mu versions so that i can upgrade in sequence.

Also, i'm getting "The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading." errors in the browser when i meant the blogs are unresponsive. I can see the connections to database and also apache and they are not being disconnected.

i'm lost now. Does anyone had this problem of slow loading in 2.6.3 or is it just me?

Thanks

9. neo83
    Posted 15 years ago #

Alright guys

i have checked the diff between .htaccess and made the necessary changes. I thought the upgrade will change the .htaccess file to latest version as well during the upgrade :(.

still the same issue though.

Any more ideas?

Thanks

10. neo83
    Posted 15 years ago #

ok guys, before someone tries to slap me, i have gone through some of the forum topics and came to know i can download the zip of the previous versions from the trac.mu site. i'll upgrade the version in sequence from 1.3.2 to 1.3.3 and to 1.5.1 and then to 2.6.3 to see if that makes any difference.

Thanks

11. neo83
    Posted 15 years ago #

ok guys, i have upgraded from 1.3.2 to 1.3.3 without any issues and blogs we fast. Then i upgraded to 1.5.1 (2.5.1) and there comes the problem. The blogs are very slow and sometimes unresponsive. The blogs are being served by apache on two load balanced linux servers. No caching has been setup. Is it just me who is having this issue, or did anyone counter it?

Advice please?

12. neo83
    Posted 15 years ago #

right guys, blogs are fast on 1.5.1 as before but the backend and admin is very very slow for all blogs on 1.5.1. No caching configured yet. Could anyone advice me please?

Thanks

13. neo83
    Posted 15 years ago #

Help anyone please?

About this Topic