The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

1 2 3 ... 6

[closed] Wordpress mu 2.7? (175 posts)

1. xdmx
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hi guys, i'm wondering about one thing. I've to update my mu installation, but today or in some days wordpress 2.7 will be released. Usually how many time does it takes to have the mu too ?

2. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

There's actually quite a few changes that need to be rolled in to WPMU from 2.7. I know at WP.com, they've said it may take them a couple weeks past the release date to get over there updated.

For us, there's no telling. Could be a couple weeks, a couple days, or a month.

3. tdjcbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

Discussed here: http://mu.wordpress.org/forums/topic.php?id=10148

Ten bucks we have 7 of these threads before 2.7 comes out. Anyone want to do a pool?

4. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

It's a sucker bet. :P

5. donncha
    Key Master
    Posted 15 years ago #

It'll take about this long: *-------------------------------------*

There are almost 300 files to merge, got that down to about 100 for the current WP trunk, but I haven't even tested it yet and by the time I've finished merging this lot there'll be a bunch more changes.

6. lunabyte
    Posted 15 years ago #

"Yeah, uh, no disrespect or nothin', but, like, uh, how long is this gonna take?"

"MU is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon."

"So like, what, an hour or so?"

"No, no, we have not even begun upon the path. User, you must learn patience."

"Yeah yeah yeah, patience. How long will that take?"

:D

7. Konstan
    Posted 15 years ago #

So, this coming out next week or what? I am tired of waiting. Wp2.7 coming out at the end of the month? I dont care, I want mu 2.7 right now.

8. tdjcbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

Donncha, I have to ask and I don't mean to offend when I ask this but is there a reason why the trunk isn't being updated as the wp trac goes? Is it a time issue? I just hate seeing every ting done at the very end of the process like you write about.

9. lunabyte
    Posted 15 years ago #

"Listen, dev! All this talk is really starting to tick me off. Now, are you gonna show me some fancy code, or am I gonna start wapin' the walls with you?"

"tdjcbe, you fail to grasp Ti Kwan MU. Approach me that you might see."

"All right! Finally some action!"

"Observe closely, class. Boot to the Head. (SH-ZOOMP!)"

10. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

You know, when one of my 4 kids whine and stomps and complains and wants something sooner, rather than - oh, I dunno - when it's *ready*, I make sure I take an extra looooooong time finishing up.

just sayin'. :D

11. tdjcbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

Considering your kids ran up $15 buck in library fines recently, I don't think they understand the concept of time that well.

Ti Kwan MU

I'll have to remember that one.

12. lunabyte
    Posted 15 years ago #

"I'll have to remember that one."

One of those days, I guess. ;)

Gotta admit it's enough for a laugh though. :D

13. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

"Considering your kids ran up $15 buck in library fines recently, I don't think they understand the concept of time that well."

Sure they do, it's the concept of "take out LESS books, pay LESS in fines" that kinda gets lost on them.

Considering *I'm* the one who has to drive them to the library to bring back the books, I'd think the onus on the fine-paying is on me. You know, and most of the books were mine...

14. SteveAtty
    Posted 15 years ago #

Who disturbs our coding, as a pebble disturbs the stillness of the pond?

Nice to see another Frantics fan

15. cafespain
    Posted 15 years ago #

@donncha: I say, take your time mate. The longer it is before it gets released, the more time I have to get the UI for my plugins modified :)

So for purely personal, self-interest and sanity reasons the longer it takes.....

16. xenon2050
    Posted 15 years ago #

Well I just had to respond... Everyone needs to keep in mind that Wordpress MU is *FREE* so we as freeloaders can't make any demands... It'll be done when it gets done. If thats not good enough then maybe you should find a blog you can pay for, or... Donate to the wordpress project, I'm sure they'd appreciate that and it might help it to get done sooner.

17. tdjcbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

Everyone needs to keep in mind that Wordpress MU is *FREE* so we as freeloaders can't make any demands.

You don't hand around these forums too much, do you? I could show you some threads as well as emails that I've received from those "freeloaders" doing their demanding. And that's putting it nicely.

18. xenon2050
    Posted 15 years ago #

:) I'm around the forums, and other open source/freeware forums, enough to know that people are impatient and ungrateful, and it seems especially so when it comes to free stuff oddly.

Anyway, I anxiously await the amazing new update coming out. I'm particularly interested in the "sticky" ability. Yes I know if I was motivated I could edit the theme and do it myself... But that is too much work.. :)

19. donncha
    Key Master
    Posted 15 years ago #

tdjcbe - it's mainly time. I have a number of responsibilities and merging for any major release takes quite some time. Please be patient a little more. I can't wait to see what 2.7 looks like running on an MU site. When I do, it'll be checked into trunk for testing asap.

20. boonika
    Posted 15 years ago #

Thanks for your effort Donncha.

21. Klark0
    Posted 15 years ago #

And when it does come out, you'll still have to wait for updates and fixes to the any plugins you use. So patience is good.

Somebody should sticky this to avoid those 7 threads.

22. EM-YEW
    Posted 15 years ago #

MU 2.7 is here!!! (Thank you donncha)

Download MU 2.7 from http://trac.mu.wordpress.org/browser/trunk

There is a link at the bottom

Download in other formats:

* Zip Archive

It is the SVN version, therefore not fully tested and ready for production environments.

23. lunabyte
    Posted 15 years ago #

Um, that's not a release it's "code in progress". And it's been in trunk for a few weeks. ;)

Needless to say, trunk isn't typically recommended for production use.

24. cafespain
    Posted 15 years ago #

[chilled tone]
    Wait for the tag man, just wait for the tag...
    [/chilled tone]

25. EM-YEW
    Posted 15 years ago #

Yeah..., I hear ya - thing is I needed to use the new feats in the XML-RPC API, particularly the wp.newComment. I'm bringing a set of blogs from Compendium into WP-Mu. Thanks for taking the time to respond/warn me.

26. gpo1
    Posted 15 years ago #

In this MU 2.7 beta version there are some media features upload /insert missing compared to the wp 2.7.
    Like add image,add video & add audio.
    Are they included on the final release?

27. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

It was the same in 2.6.x, so it will probably stay that way.

Go look under the Site Admin options - there's a few checkboxes there.

28. webmaestro
    Posted 15 years ago #

It looks like those checkboxes showed up in 2.6.2, and localized in 2.6.3...

29. billdennis5
    Posted 15 years ago #

I'd just like to day that I love WPMu and I appreciate all the hard work that the volunteers put into Mu to make it beautiful.

30. honewatson
    Posted 15 years ago #

Yeah thanks Donncha and everyone else.

1 2 3 ... 6

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by xdmx
  • Latest reply from VentureMaker