The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

[closed] Wordpress mu 2.7? (175 posts)

1. VentureMaker
    Posted 15 years ago #

BTW, WordPress 2.7 is released :)

2. mushin69
    Posted 15 years ago #

I've found a WPMU 2.7 upgrading request, on my dashboard this morning. But actually we don't have any WPMU 2.7. Is that correct?

(Thanks to Saint Donncha, the lord of all publishers...)

3. sumdog
    Posted 15 years ago #

Free software is free and WordPress and WordPressMU are wonderful for being free. I'd rather their developers take their time and get 2.7 MU right.

Personally the longer the better. Upgrades scare me. Production code breaking, clients calling all yelling like...you know, that one plug-in you forgot to test in dev.

Anywho, I just want to give a shout out to all the WP and MU developers for being awesome. If you love free software, then write some free software or donate to your favorite OSS projects!

4. putumare
    Posted 15 years ago #

i'm stil using wpmu 1.3
    and everyhing works fine
    should i upgrade to 2.6 or 2.7 for that matter ?

5. DanYork
    Posted 15 years ago #

I, too, saw the "WordPress 2.7 is available! Please update now." message and headed over here. I'm not at all upset to find that WPMU 2.7 is *NOT* ready yet... with some of the custom hackery I've needed to do, upgrading is not terribly fun. :-) And I would MUCH rather be sure that WPMU works solidly.

Thanks, donncha, for all you do to give us an outstanding blog platform.

Dan

6. honewatson
    Posted 15 years ago #

At the moment the MU trunk on a blank install performs very slowly on a webserver set up on my laptop.

7. sumdog
    Posted 15 years ago #

@putumare It is good to upgrade, at the very least to fix any security issues. The longer you wait, the more awful it's gonna get. I had an old Drupal install that was running like version 4.something up until a few months ago because I didn't want to go through the pain of upgrading it.

I spent like a month moving all the crap on it over to WordPress. I'd setup a dev environment and play around with upgrades before you move your main site. It is worth it to stay on top of the upgrade schedule. That's why Wordpress alerts you when you login. Same goes for plugins

8. lunabyte
    Posted 15 years ago #

@watson...

Runs well on my MacBook. Granted first response is a bit slow, but that's more from Apache "waking up" and realizing it has to serve a request. Subsequent requests are fine though.

Every time a new WP release comes out, the "when" and "now" requests always pop up. Go figure.

And every time, the same phrase always comes to mind... "Patience is a virtue."

9. JellyBeen
    Posted 15 years ago #

I'm just thrilled WPMU-2.7 is being actively worked on. Take your time with the merge, I'm in no hurry. Fortunately both my MU installs are small and low volume so I am not expecting a lot of issues except with the customized themes. Those scare me, but I'm doing my best ostrich, so it's all good.

10. EM-YEW
    Posted 15 years ago #

If you reinstall MU-2.7 and trying to login for the very first time you get a loop that Firefox complains about, just delete the cookies from the previous login left overs.

11. putumare
    Posted 15 years ago #

@sumdog
    thank you and i 've upgraded the site to WpMu 2.6
    and love the new dahboard .
    looking forward for wpMU 2.7

12. catiakitahara
    Posted 15 years ago #

Guys,
    The buddyPress plugin is being tested here: http://testbp.org/
    It's running on WPMU 2.7 trunk, I guess.

13. billdennis5
    Posted 15 years ago #

Ummmmm... I'm thinking of giving the WPMu 2.7 a test drive. How close is it to beinga release candidate?

I am NOT nagging. I am just asking a question.

;-)

14. meerblickzimmer
    Posted 15 years ago #

wpmu 2.7 has a problem with plugin: http://mu.wordpress.org/forums/topic.php?id=10401

and the same problem has cforms. it is a wpmu 2.7 bug (or a feature?).

15. honewatson
    Posted 15 years ago #

Personally I'm disappointed with the Wordpress 2.7 UI.

I'm starting an admin theme project.

16. cafespain
    Posted 15 years ago #

@honewatson: Not a big fan of the new UI myself. I'm already working on getting it back to a look I like.

17. VentureMaker
    Posted 15 years ago #

cafespain, post a workaround for this when you have it...
    I'm starting to feel sick of new UI too :(

18. radrew
    Posted 15 years ago #

Can't wait to implement a stable version of 2.7. Thanks to all the great WP developers working on it!

19. overclockwork
    Posted 15 years ago #

its the end of the year, its over, whatever project needs to be finished by the end of it anyways is just going to cost extra. its christmas time, and each day we get closer the shopping madness just gets worse. i suggest installing a telephone hotline ($5 a call) to inform those that want to know when the next release will be finished. meanwhile close all these post asking about the when. just close and erase them and put a note on top of http://mu.wordpress.org/forums/, a banner saying all "when-is-the-next-version-coming-out-whining" SPAMMERS will have their accounts closed and deleted and be ip banned for life. all they will get is a telephone number to the dial up service i mentioned. yes i know that ip ban is funny but its probably enough to keep away those asking about next releases.

20. honewatson
    Posted 15 years ago #

So any idea when 2.7 will be released? :D

21. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

maybe Santa and his magical fairy elves are trying to finish up?

22. gpo1
    Posted 15 years ago #

I like the new admin UI..awaiting for the release!

23. VentureMaker
    Posted 15 years ago #

Oh, yes, 2.7! It's coming, it's coming!!! A-a-ah :)

Just didn't know what else to add here :)))

24. bschwarting
    Posted 15 years ago #

can't wait to convert to 2.7, love the new look. converted several stand alone sites to it and it's much much easier to navigate. can't wait to see what happens in 3.0

25. cafespain
    Posted 15 years ago #

The annoying thing is, the new admin panel is starting to grow on me - gosh darn it.

I am a huuuggeee fan of the fluency plugin though. Absolutely fantastic

26. honewatson
    Posted 15 years ago #

cafespain, there are a lot of good new features in the body area of the UI.

It's the navigation layout which I find difficult to use. I just find it too hard to read.

27. cafespain
    Posted 15 years ago #

@honewatson: I know exactly what you mean. I'm still not 100% sure about the menus on right hand side though. hmmm conflicted yet again. I'm going to have to sit and play with this and see what can be moved around.

28. honewatson
    Posted 15 years ago #

@cafespain: Have you looked at this horizontal drop down menu (2.6 version demo here but new version also available):

http://planetozh.com/download/plugins/wordpress-admin-dropdown-menu-demo.html

I've tried the new version and I like it. This would be a cool menu to have available on published pages for users who are logged in via a javascript.

29. VentureMaker
    Posted 15 years ago #

honewatson, that one didn't work for me in some browser. It seems to me FF3 was problematic. Don't remember for sure, just telling you to test it in different browsers.

30. dwenaus
    Posted 15 years ago #

It's probably a wise idea to wait until wp 2.7.1 rolls out in the next little while, which will correct a lot of small stuff. then roll out wpmu 2.7 if it is ready.

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by xdmx
  • Latest reply from VentureMaker