The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

[closed] Wordpress mu 2.7? (175 posts)

1. vktechnology
    Posted 15 years ago #

I think may be we should donate 10,000 USD for Wordpress MU developes to work faster.

2. tdjcbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

You may want to review some of the news sites online for Wordpress' parent company, Automattic, to see their funding.

3. xenon2050
    Posted 15 years ago #

Be my guest! I'm sure they would enjoy it.

4. aravin
    Posted 15 years ago #

Its going to jan-15-2009.

Previous post and wordpress mu developer told version 2.7 will released in 15 days to 1 month.

When i checked trunk.mu.wordpress.org the last updated of the files is 3 weeks before.

So for the past 3 weeks no updates or modification done in trunk.

when will 2.7 release? Feb 2009?

Iam new to wordpress, wanted to host 2.5.6. But waiting for 2.7 because forum post said it will be released soon.

I don't want to host 2.5.6 and then in 15 days update it to 2.7. It will confuse users and even me

Already waited for 1 month without hosted wordpress

Hello everyone pls suggest me regarding this.

Thanks & Regards
    Aravin.TS

5. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

Then grab the latest from trac and use that.

6. xodeus
    Posted 15 years ago #

I can see that the work in the trunk stopped 3 weeks ago. So what's the status? Is it ready for the public. Should it go beta? What's not working? Are there any issues?

7. Rage00001
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hi...

Everything is working perfectly but i have a strange error when saving new settings on Settings > General (wp-admin/options-general.php)

The page goes blank and only show this Error:

Warning: array_search() [function.array-search]: Wrong datatype for second argument in /home/nettby/public_html/wp-admin/includes/plugin.php on line 1044

Warning: array_search() [function.array-search]: Wrong datatype for second argument in /home/nettby/public_html/wp-admin/includes/plugin.php on line 1044

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/nettby/public_html/wp-admin/includes/plugin.php:1044) in /home/nettby/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 856

To get back I have to click back in my browser and continue whatever I want to do.
    The settings are saved and I only see this error when I click “save changes”.

What could cause this error if I may ask?

8. sowers
    Posted 15 years ago #

When to launch WP 2.8

WPMU 2.7 will be launched.

9. Trent
    Posted 15 years ago #

If you want 2.7 out faster, grab a copy from trac and test for bugs. If you don't find any, then great! If you do, report them (hopefully with patch) so it gets fixed faster. Helping out might help get this out quicker.

10. ricardofurtado
    Posted 15 years ago #

great stuff here.

thnx all.

regards

ricardo furtado

11. halles
    Posted 15 years ago #

@tdjcbe I got the same error as @Rage00001 but on a diferent page, i was saving settings tho. I haven't been able to replicate the error (haven't been working on that site since i migrated the server). If i have news i'll let you know and try to patch.

12. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

Can we take any troubleshooting issues OUT of this thread and post them in a new one, please?

13. Rage00001
    Posted 15 years ago #

Sorry...
    i have posted a ticket for this problem: http://trac.mu.wordpress.org/ticket/838

That is probably the best place to report any error..

14. tdjcbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

Actually it isn't. Andrea mentioned that you should start a new thread. After searching the forums for previous threads on your error.

Required reading by the way: http://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_WPMU Please be sure to include that information in your report. Especially the bits about what version you;re currently running as well as how you;re getting that error.

edit: Although it does look like someone followed up with a patch for you.

15. c2h5oh
    Posted 15 years ago #

I have even managed to find out that this issue has been solved by somebody else in a cleaner, nicer way. Sadly it was after I have submited the patch :P

16. tdjcbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

You can submit a second patch. AT least it should let you.

17. Rage00001
    Posted 15 years ago #

@ c2h50h: Thanks for all your help anyway, but just a question regarding errors like this.

When a patch is submitted, Why isn’t that fix or change included in the files available in the trunk?

Anyway, the fix provided in http://trac.mu.wordpress.org/ticket/830 did solve the problem nicely and i get no errors now.

From what i can see, everything works just fine now :P

18. aravin
    Posted 15 years ago #

So for the past 3 weeks no updates or modification done in trunk came to an end. Today after 3 weeks trunk is updated.

Thats sound cool. Which give me big Hope of wpmu 2.7 will release in 5 days.

22 tickets only in open status
    Seems some of old tickets also closed today.

cool donncha is back in action. Rock on donncha

19. stesmi
    Posted 15 years ago #

From where I'm sitting, WPMU 2.7 will come when it comes. Unless someone has a paid contract where a certain date is promised you cannot demand anything. They gave an estimation of 15 days to a month? Great, you have a business that absolutely requires 2.7 or don't want to wait? I'm sure something can be arranged for you. If not, wait until it's out or as said before, get trunk and start testing like the rest of us.

If people start whining about "it's not out yet, waah waah" then the only thing that happens is that either they won't bother doing this anymore or they won't say anything about when stuff might be out.

20. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

Did it ever occur to anyone that the publicly-checked in work on WPMU is work that is, you know, *done*?

Donncha actually works on stuff on his own local box, and *then* rolls it into trunk. When there's no trunk activity, it doesn't mean he's just lazing around in the sunshine, folks.

21. stesmi
    Posted 15 years ago #

Besides the fact that people do have the right to take vacations and holidays, etc even though I know people dislike that when they want something released. We just went through a big holiday and if someone took an extended vacation (or a normal one), good for them! A good lazy time does wonders for morale and coding speed ( I should know since code is what I do as well ..)

22. joshasbury
    Posted 15 years ago #

It's done when it's done. If development is rushed, then everyone will be complaining about how buggy it is.

Take a breather, relax, and let Donncha do what needs to be done.

23. tdjcbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

We actually have one install running the 2.7 out of trac without any real issue. Only major issue seen has been the broken logout link at the top.

Debating on doing a rollout for the rest of the clients on Saturday, my next "I'm on line all day" day.

24. gpo1
    Posted 15 years ago #

Keep up the work, don't rush the development because we'd be whing over bugs!

25. donncha
    Key Master
    Posted 15 years ago #

Those damn monkeys took a break over the holidays so I was 10 short of the infinite amount required to write code. Where is slave labour when you need it eh?

On a more serious note, it's great to see all the contributions from users new to Trac as well as the ol' folks who hang around there doing their best to make MU better. Thank you all for helping.

26. xenon2050
    Posted 15 years ago #

Cool! Word from the man himself! :) Thanks for all the work you put into this!

27. aravin
    Posted 15 years ago #

cool go on donncha !!!!!

Thanks for all your effort.

28. MartinNr5
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hi.

Based on the reply by tdjcbe, would it be correct to assume that I can start a test-installation with the current build without having to start all over when the final code is released?

Thanks.

29. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

Yes.

30. slambert1971
    Posted 15 years ago #

I have 2.7 installed in a development setting and testing plugins/themes/bugs and it seems to be working very, very well. The only bugs I have found so far have been fixed in nightly updates. I have installed over 70 themes and only two of them don't work - the rest work but don't use some of the new features.

The only plugin I have found that I am using that does not work in 2.7 is WPDirAuth. I use many of the favorites including cForms, FeedBurner Replacement, Search Everything and a few more and so far they all work, with one bug in cForms that I will report and share a patch for.

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by xdmx
  • Latest reply from VentureMaker