The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

WPMU:Upgrading, moving to new server and new domain name (6 posts)

  1. eepks
    Member
    Posted 14 years ago #

    Hello,

    I currently have a wpmu site, version 2.3.1 up and running fine. I have a test/backupserver that I would like to install my current site to with the latest version of WPMU
    So the name changes from wpmu.something.org to wpmu1.something.org.
    The ip changes as well

    Both will be running on a Linux server

    So what I have tried so far that isn't working.

    Copied wpmu directory and database from working server to test server.Created a new empty mysql database. I dump the working database from the production server in the wpmu database that I just created.

    I get the error: The blog you have requsted is not installed properly.

    What am I missing?

    TIA,

    Eric

  2. Klark0
    Member
    Posted 14 years ago #

    wp-config configured correctly ?

  3. eepks
    Member
    Posted 14 years ago #

    Thanks for the reply!

    The database info is the same on the test server as it is on the production server.

  4. eepks
    Member
    Posted 14 years ago #

    So I did a fresh install of wpmu 2.6.3 and created anew database and the site came up fine.

    I then dumped the new database. Then I uploaded the existing database with all the users and site. Got the same error. I uploaded the new databse that I dumped and the site comes up, but it doesn't show any of the old data like users and sites. Everything is in the database and I also copied all files from the blogs.dir directory.

    Any thought on how to get the sites to show up?

  5. rosy1280
    Member
    Posted 13 years ago #

    This was a few months ago, so not sure if this is still a problem.

    Today I was trying to do the same thing and I couldn't remember how the heck I did it. I finally remembered and wrote it up. I posted the directions I used on my blog, so feel free to read that if you're still curious.

  6. shawnkhall
    Member
    Posted 13 years ago #

    You need to run the following SQL code. Replace "old.example.com" with the domain you're switching FROM and "new.example.com" with the domain you're switching TO.


    UPDATE
    wp_blogs SET domain='new.example.com' WHERE domain='old.example.com';
    UPDATE wp_site SET domain='new.example.com' WHERE domain='old.example.com';
    UPDATE wp_usermeta SET meta_value='new.example.com' WHERE meta_value='old.example.com' AND meta_key='source_domain';

    Same goes here for "old.example.com" and "new.example.com", but these need to be pushed against each and every user ID number. Replace the "$$$" in these commands with the user ID number for each and every user.


    UPDATE
    wp_$$$_options SET option_value=( REPLACE (option_value, 'old.example.com', 'new.example.com'));
    UPDATE wp_$$$_posts SET post_content=( REPLACE (post_content, 'old.example.com', 'new.example.com'));

About this Topic

  • Started 14 years ago by eepks
  • Latest reply from shawnkhall