The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Help with WPMU inside a Subfolder (3 posts)

1. sideshow1
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hello, I've set up WPMU and i have it installed in a subfolder (www.mydomain.com/blog) because the main site would be separate from the blog. My problem is whenever a new blog is created the address to visit becomes blogname.mydomain.com/blog/ instead of just blogname.mydomain.com. i only need the mainsite to be the one that has a different mainpage and just have the others be visited without the /blog/ is this at all possible?

Thanks! :D

2. Klark0
    Posted 15 years ago #

MU needs to be at root for subdomians to work. If you must use mydomain.com/blogs, then installing MU in sub directory mode is your only choice. (blog url result will be mydomain.com/blogs/blogname)

If you want subdomain mode, you got two doors to choose:

-Install MU at blogs.mydomain.com and have new blogs like blogname.blogs.mydomain.com

-Integrate MU with the existing site at mydomain.com so you can have blogname.mydomain.com. It's not as hard as it sounds. If the existing site is using wordpress single user, it's all the more easier. If not, you convert.

I'd pick door # 2.

3. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

Me too. Integration is the way to go and aside from making a snazzy new landing pager, your main blog will still have permalinks at yourdomain.com/blog/ anyway.

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by sideshow1
  • Latest reply from andrea_r