The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

firestats 1.6 RC2 probs (5 posts)

1. Ovidiu
    Posted 15 years ago #

firestats 1.6 RC2 stopped working on all blogs except the main blog (wpmu2.6.3) after upgrade from RC1

any ideas?

working here: http://zice.ro but not here http://sasha.zice.ro

here is my conf.php

<?php
    /*
    * This is a sample configuration file.
    * If you wish to change any of the options here, first copy this file to conf.php (in the same directory).
    * This action is needed to avoid overwriting your configuration file when you upgrade.
    * NOTE: This file does NOT contain database configuration.
    * (db configuration is exists in php/fs-config.php which is created by FireStats autoamtically)
    */

/**
    * Default language for FireStats.
    * This is the language of the login screen and of FireStats for users that did not choose a new language from the settings tab.
    */

#define('FS_DEFAULT_LANG','en_US');

/**
    * As of FireStats 1.6, FireStats can record hits via JavaScript.
    * Activating this will cause FireStats to output a javascript tag when fs_add_hit is called instead of recording the hit immediately.
    * the advantage is that bots does not support JavaScript so it will filter even stealth bots.
    * The disadvantage is that users with JavaScript disalbled will not be recorded.
    * This is experimental, please report any issues.
    * default : false
    */
    define ('JS_HIT', true);

/**
    * Commit strategy
    * FireStats support the following data commit strategies.
    * 1. Immediate
    * All hits are commited immediatelly, This provides real-time statistics but also the heaviest load on the server.
    * Note that for MySQL 4.0 this is the only supported mode.
    * In terms of performence, this is the worse option.
    * 2. Manual (Requires MySQL >= 4.1)
    * In the this mode, new hits are stored on a in the pending-hits table. this operation is very fast (a single insert), but the hits need futher
    * processing before it's data becomes available to users.
    * To initiate a commit, you need to execute the file php/commit-pending.php.
    * this is usually done using a cron job that executes "php -f /www/firestats/php/commit-pending.php" periodically.
    * In terms of performence, this is the best option.
    * 3. Automatic (Requires MySQL >= 4.1):
    * Like the manual mode, except hits are commited autoatically every FS_AUTOMATIC_COMMIT_INTERVAL_SECONDS seconds.
    * This approach holds the most of performance benefit of the manual mode, and the ease of use of the immediate mode.
    * In terms of performence, this is option is almost as good as the Manual mode, and it is the recommended mode.
    * 4. By option (default):
    * Allows the user to select Immediate or Automatic from the settings tab (user interface).
    * This option is the default, but using it is slightly slower than selecting the option through the conf.php file, because
    * it means there is another database query (to check for the actual commit strategy).
    * Valid values are FS_COMMIT_IMMEDIATE and FS_COMMIT_MANUAL, FS_COMMIT_AUTOMATIC, FS_COMMIT_BY_OPTION
    */

define('FS_COMMIT_STRATEGY',FS_COMMIT_AUTOMATIC);

/**
    * THe maximum number of hits to process in a single iteration when commiting pending hits.
    * the larger this number, the better the performance - but also the higher required memory for each iteration.
    */
    #define('FS_COMMIT_MAX_CHUNK_SIZE',1000);

/**
    * Number of seconds since last commit before automatically committing hits when the commit strategy is FS_COMMIT_AUTOMATIC
    * Defaults to 60 seconds
    */
    define('FS_AUTOMATIC_COMMIT_INTERVAL_SECONDS',300);

/**
    * Normally, when the commit mode is automatic, the pending hits are committed automatically
    * when a user access the statistics through FireStats admin panel.
    * you will not want this to happen if you have many users accessing the statistics simultaniously.
    * Defaults to true, uncomment to disable.
    */
    define('FS_AUTOMATIC_COMMIT_WHEN_USER_ACCESS_STATISTICS',false);

/**
    * This will disable mutex syncrhonization.
    * this is required on servers that fails the mutex test.
    * Note: it's not recommended to disable the mutex. please try to solve the problem
    * first by upgrading your PHP version if possible.
    */
    #define('DISABLE_MUTEX',true);

/**
    * Thie enable FireStats logging.
    * FireStats logs output into the file fs.log inside the sessions directory (it's a directory which is writeable for sure).
    * the session directory is either at /tmp/fs_sessions, or if your created an fs_sessions dir in the FireStats dir - there.
    */
    #define('FS_LOGGING', true);

/**
    * Controls if the firestats footer appears by default (if user did not explictly changed this option from the ui)
    * default value is true.
    */
    define('DEFAULT_SHOW_FIRESTATS_FOOTER',false);

/**
    * php/session.php constants can be overriden from here.
    */

?>

2. Ovidiu
    Posted 15 years ago #

ok, disabling javascript:
    define ('JS_HIT', false);
    fixes this...

3. Ovidiu
    Posted 15 years ago #

It was a bug I caught, see fix here: http://firestats.cc/changeset/2084 now firestats is successfully recording the stats using javascript, so in theory it should be fine to be used with a caching plugin like wp super cache or similar...

4. demonicume
    Posted 15 years ago #

how is this new FS on resources? i gave it up a year ago because it was killing my host. now i'm on a dedicated box, i might try it again.

5. Ovidiu
    Posted 15 years ago #

try to use the configuration file, see my options above. this way, you can change some of its behaviour. can't say much about performance as I am not using it on a really big installation...

About this Topic